U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 01:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,102 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to move near the Forest Park area (for ex. Clayton, Skinker DeBaliviere, U City, CWE), and am looking for a newer apartment building but I have tried and failed to find any newer apartments in that area. But then again my apartment search abilities are legendarily bad so I am wondering if I missed anything. Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? Thank you very much in advance! Much appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 08:04 AM

12,063 posts, read 29,053,172 times
There are definitely newer complexes around, particularly in the southern chunk of the Central West End, but they're notably pricey. What's your budget like?

Old 08-06-2012, 06:27 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,436,472 times
The only "new new" place I can think of is MetroLofts at Forest Park Avenue and Euclid. They're really nice but really expensive. Basically anything younger than 50 years old around there is going to be pricier. I know there are a lot of very nice rehabs in the Grove neighborhood that would be cheaper. Check out FrontDoorSTL's website.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,102 times
Thank you both very much for the replies and suggestions! My budget can be somewhat flexible if the right place is available, I'm will be working there and only have myself to support. I'm definitely planning on visiting St Louis soon, so I'll definitely go through and look at the properties/areas you two suggested and see if there is something that is affordable and newer...

Thanks again for all the advice and enjoy summer in St. Louis!! When I was interviewing around, I thought St. Louis was such an awesome city, just the right size and great baseball, so I decided I had to go there! Finding a newer place there that's somewhat affordable is another story though...

Old 08-09-2012, 08:39 AM

12,063 posts, read 29,053,172 times
Glad you like St. Louis! Can I ask why you're opposed to a vintage unit? If your budget is gracious, you can get a really nice place in a historic building pretty readily I should imagine.

Anyway, best of luck, and keep us updated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: