Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2012, 02:09 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
Just moved downtown a few weeks ago for a new job. I've never been to STL before, so this is a first...and I'm liking it so far! Since I don't really know anyone and I'm still new to the area, I thought I'd ask some questions in this forum. Also, if anyone has any other tips and tricks about living downtown, please share!

What is the recommended grocery store for people living downtown? I know of Culinaria, but is that considered expensive? Do downtown residents do their main shopping there?

Where is the closest or best medical clinic for downtown residents?

Where is the best/closest pharmacy?

Name me a good/cheap breakfast cafe/restaurant near Hyatt.

Name me a good/cheap lunch cafe/restaurant near Hyatt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 05:44 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,926,776 times
Culinaria is by far the best place to get groceries downtown and it has the same reasonable prices as other Schnucks markets. I also refer to it as the best grocery store in the city because it’s a smaller footprint and very walk able as opposed to the super markets surrounded by a sea of parking.
The medical clinic is Downtown Urgent care across from Culinaria.
There is also a pharmacy in Culinaria
Good Dive bars are Hair of the Dog and Jack Patricks for cheap beers
The Best pizza downtown is Maurizos and PI at the MX. Stefanos is also a good place.
Good upscale fare can be found as some of the best restaurants in the city such as Mango, Prime 1000, Lucas Park, and Copia.
Good sushi can be found at Mizu and Wasabi
Tasty burgers at Jack Patricks and Bailey Range.
Diverse nightlife can be found along Washington Ave and is one of the busier streets Wed-Sat. Irish Pubs, Cocktail Lounges, Bowling, upscale eats, dive bars, sports bars are in abundance.
Best breakfast is at Roosters, Blondies, or Lucas Park Grill.
Also don’t forget to venture onto Lacledes Landing from time to time for a pint at Morgan St Brewery and dinner at Hannegans.
For live music head to South Broadway or try Lola on Wash Ave
This should give you a good start. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: