Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 05:17 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times

Advertisements

my parents were 24, but that was back in the day.
it's not as common as it used to be.

buy your house but buy it cheap. make your first home
no more than $80k. Truly no reason to spend more in this
market.
stay away from stock market "investing". it's a ruse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 09:53 AM

15 posts, read 24,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
Not overly uncommon, think I was hitched by 25...engaged around 23 and change. I have a friend who firmly believes that if you're not in a serious relationship (leading to marriage) or married by the age of 25, you have a major character flaw...it's a bit sad, but thus far it turns out to be true for each friend we've tried to est it on.
Well, I don't have character flaws. I just don't want to rush into marriage. I want to enjoy my 20's. I don't want no regrets. I also feel like I haven't found the one, definitely not in St.Louis County.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:30 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn10am View Post
I don't think he meant to say that St. Louis is heaven on earth. I love St. Louis (and I'm not from here btw), but I don't think it's heaven on earth. The gist of the comment, which I agree with, is that the OP was slightly exaggerating Springfield in comparison with St. Louis. I've also spent a pretty good amount of time in Springfield and I can tell you right now that not ALL of the houses there are mansions comparable to CWE houses. To be honest, I'm sure Springfield is a great place to live if you like smaller cities, but it doesn't hold a candle to the amenities and wealth of St. Louis. I also find it funny how you didn't jump all over the OP for making Springfield sound like heaven but chose to jump down a St. Louisan's throat when he introduced a more rational comparison of the two cities. Biased much?

Thank you!

Old 03-10-2013, 02:40 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,015,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRedd View Post
Well, I don't have character flaws. I just don't want to rush into marriage. I want to enjoy my 20's. I don't want no regrets. I also feel like I haven't found the one, definitely not in St.Louis County.
We all have character flaws...Mine is that I spend to much time surfing the internet for the meaning of life. I've yet to find it.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:32 AM

46 posts, read 200,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
stay away from stock market "investing". it's a ruse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis