Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 07:33 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times

Advertisements

HI folks.
Recently I gave my family a tour of St. Louis and her surrounding areas (The Hill, Clayton, Forrest Park, ec) and wanted to share something with the forum. Out of all the things we did and saw from The Arch, Old Courthouse, Wash Ave, Cards game, Forrest Park, Historical Museum, Muny, 4th of July fair, all kinds of restaurants on the Hill, Budweiser tour, Soulard, Loop, Fox Theater, and many others...the two things tha tleft a lasting impression to my group of picky and divere tastes:

1.) The new STL "Fun Trolley Tours" which has been in existence for 2 years now.
Welcome to St. Louis Fun Trolly Tours, INC. <

2.) The new Central Library in downtown STL. This was the most impressive display of architecture and historical restoration work I've ever seen. Out of everything in STL, this was our #1 pick.

Hope this helps some of you with ideas for future trips to showcase STL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 09:03 AM

536 posts, read 829,728 times
Interesting. I haven't even been on the Trolley Tour.

Glad you had a good time.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:13 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times
we enjoyed everything with the exception of the Budweiser Tour which packed way too many people per tour group, but that was over the July 4th weekend, so I'm not sure if the groups are normally that large. Of course, the best part was the beer sampling.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:36 AM

536 posts, read 829,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doss1 View Post
we enjoyed everything with the exception of the Budweiser Tour which packed way too many people per tour group, but that was over the July 4th weekend, so I'm not sure if the groups are normally that large. Of course, the best part was the beer sampling.
Yeah with the holiday weekend, and lots of people coming into town for the Fair and Fireworks and what not I can imagine it was pretty packed.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:12 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,747,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doss1 View Post
Oh I know what you mean. The one time I went there so many screaming children that it was really a buzz kill. Literally.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:03 PM

589 posts, read 1,106,565 times
Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy positive posts. The old Post Office downtown is among my favorites as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis