Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 08:37 AM

12 posts, read 24,317 times

Advertisements

I have never been to Saint Luis, but I might move there.

How is life over there? Is it a safe place compared to Dallas.

I'm a German immigrant and just wondering how tolerant the people are towards people from abroad.

I'm foodie and love the outdoors. Any barbecue ? : )
The Texas heat was really unbearable in the summer. So how does the climate compare?

The Texas hospitality was great, how is this up there?

Thats it for the start?

What is a nice green area to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 10:25 PM

3 posts, read 5,115 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/city-vs-city/124895-denver-phoenix-dallas-st-louis.html

Old 08-20-2013, 02:26 PM

164 posts, read 310,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tihor View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/city-vs-city/124895-denver-phoenix-dallas-st-louis.html
Why didn't you just answer his questions?

If you don't know the answer, why bother replying at all?

You directed him to a thread from 2007.

Big help. Thanks, but no thanks.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:36 PM

396 posts, read 653,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeticetea View Post

I'm a German immigrant and just wondering how tolerant the people are towards people from abroad.

The Texas heat was really unbearable in the summer. So how does the climate compare?

Thats it for the start?

Wo en Deutschland kommen Sie?

"Sweeticedtea" ist es ein namen sher seltam fur ein Deutschlander, ist es ein trinken en dem sud nord Amerikanish - und es ist schlecht

Last edited by Old Trafford; 08-22-2013 at 01:46 PM..

Old 08-22-2013, 03:33 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,861,166 times
Quote:

Thats it for the start?

St. Louis (where I grew up) is older and smaller than Dallas. Both cities have safe and not so safe areas. I think the attitude in St. Louis towards European immigrants is welcoming (much of the population is of German descent but no one still speaks German). The summers are hot but not as bad as Texas. The greenest areas are in the suburbs. Chesterfield is a very nice suburb that is west of the city near the Missouri River.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:39 PM

320 posts, read 610,631 times
Greenest part of STL is Tower Grove and the Botanical Garden. They are great amenities that are always full of outdoor events. There is also the Katy Trail, which is a nature trail that winds through 200+ miles of MO and connects to Creve Corue Lake, but it doesn't start until St. Charles. If you want to experience living in STL, you should live in the city, though, or the old inner ring burbs - Maplewood, RH, UCity, Clayton. Chesterfield might as well be an outer ring exurb of Dallas - it has exactly as much character as a strip mall with a Chili's and a Best Buy. Some people like that, but you don't need to live here to experience that kind of thing.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:51 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:

Thats it for the start?

On the hospitality front, I have a friend who moved from Missouri (not St. Louis originally) to Dallas and he thinks the people are more outwardly friendly in Texas. I've experienced myself while visiting Dallas and going out to bars, restaurants, etc.

St. Louis people are friendly too, but I think there is a little more of a reserved midwestern type culture here.

We have a couple of decent barbeque places, Pappy's among them. Probably not the quantity you have there.

It gets darn hot and humid here too, but you won't have 30-40 days at 100 or higher like you've had there in recent summers.

We have winter here, which you really don't have there.

St. Louis is a very green metropolitan area, city and county. Lots of trees and parks.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:10 AM

396 posts, read 653,094 times
Guys-

would bother replying - pretty sure this is a sock puppet for our southern apologist - "sweeticedtea" come on

Old 08-25-2013, 07:03 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,925,582 times
St Louis is better than anything in Texas. Like Mark Twain said...if I lived in Hell and Texas, I would live in hell and rent the TX home out.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:28 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,747,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickmama View Post
St Louis is better than anything in Texas. Like Mark Twain said...if I lived in Hell and Texas, I would live in hell and rent the TX home out.
Hilarious. And particularly pertinent given the good Governor Perry's recent antics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis