Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 08:08 PM

28 posts, read 90,116 times

Advertisements

How long is the commute between Webster Groves/Kirkwood area and I-70/Goodfellow Blvd?

Also, if someone is familiar with the KC area, what would these parts of the city be comparable to?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 12:13 AM

320 posts, read 610,943 times
Not sure about the commute, but you might compare it to Shawnee Mission/SW KC.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:46 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,015,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmom View Post
How long is the commute between Webster Groves/Kirkwood area and I-70/Goodfellow Blvd?

Also, if someone is familiar with the KC area, what would these parts of the city be comparable to?

Thank you!
Wow, that's kind of an odd one and your route and drive time could vary quite a bit depending where you are in Kirkwood or Webster. This is just my guess as someone who lives in Kirkwood, commutes to Clayton and have driven to or past the I70/Goodfellow area, but from my house I would think it would be a solid 30 minutes without major traffic, but could stretch to 45 plus with some traffic issues Some places in Webster might be a bit closer as you would might have closer access to I170 (the innerbelt). Kirkwood and Webster both cover a fair amount of ground, so it kind of depends and also would depend on times.

Last edited by MUTGR; 01-10-2014 at 06:59 AM..

Old 01-10-2014, 09:43 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,991 times
That is a tough one. MUTGR raises a good point about the difference between the commute from say northern Webster Groves vs western Kirkwood. If you were in the northern reaches of Webster Groves, near the Brentwood border, you could skip up Brentwood boulevard to I-170 north and that would get you to I-70 and Goodfellow in about 20-25 minutes (from on ramp to off ramp).

side note and one worthy of debate I think: As one who has traversed the inner ring suburbs from mid-to-south county on countless occasions, I still wish they had extended 170 south across webster and connected it to I-55 around St. George (but that's just me - I might feel different if the path was in my yard).

Not highly familiar with KC, but Webster Groves / Kirkwood is upper middle income, older suburbia with very high desirability. Goodfellow and 70 is (with the exception of the gated off warehouses and industrial areas) very poor and high in violent crime.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:36 PM

28 posts, read 90,116 times
Thank you, I appreciate it! I looked like kind of an odd commute, I couldn't tell from looking at a map. I figured that the I-70/Goodfellow area might be similar to parts of inner KC.

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis