U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 11:17 AM

59 posts, read 71,803 times

Advertisements

Where is the dump located that you are talking about?
Thanks.
Mindi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 08:38 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,815,369 times
He's talking about a dump at Bridgeton, (Westlake Landfill) on St. Charles Rock Rd just before the Missouri River.

As a former Maryland Heights resident though- I never smelled anything foul in my years there. The 'Outer' (West) side of I-270 in Creve Coeur and Maryland Heights is considerably more desirable than the East/ Inner Side of I-270, in my opinion

If you're as far south in Maryland Heights as the Parkway School District (the better of the school districts in Maryland Heights) like where I was, you certainly won't smell a thing. I've got a very sensitive nose to foul odors and I didn't even know there was a dump in Bridgeton when I lived in MH.

I believe that Bridgeton residents have complained of foul odors, but beyond the immediate area of the landfill it doesn't seem to be a concern.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:08 PM

446 posts, read 417,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
He's talking about a dump at Bridgeton, (Westlake Landfill) on St. Charles Rock Rd just before the Missouri River.

As a former Maryland Heights resident though- I never smelled anything foul in my years there. The 'Outer' (West) side of I-270 in Creve Coeur and Maryland Heights is considerably more desirable than the East/ Inner Side of I-270, in my opinion

If you're as far south in Maryland Heights as the Parkway School District (the better of the school districts in Maryland Heights) like where I was, you certainly won't smell a thing. I've got a very sensitive nose to foul odors and I didn't even know there was a dump in Bridgeton when I lived in MH.

I believe that Bridgeton residents have complained of foul odors, but beyond the immediate area of the landfill it doesn't seem to be a concern.

I worked for a little bit in Bridgeton, on Rock Road and 70, and never had any unpleasant smelling experience, but you need to tell me, besides getting married here, why would you prefer living in Missouri over Australia/New Zealand?

Old 05-02-2014, 09:47 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,815,369 times
To begin with, the Cost of Living is SO much lower here, and after factoring in taxes (which are much higher in Aus), the incomes are pretty comparable. Lower Cost of Living + 'Big City' Amenities = Much Higher Quality of Life, in my opinion!

Also, I love having the distinct four seasons. Snow in Winter, Flowers in Spring, Hot Summer Days and incredible colors in the Fall.

Finally, Americans, in my experience, are far nicer in general, a lot more friendly and a lot more pleasant to be around!

Australia has zero appeal to me, I couldn't imagine ever living there again!

Old 05-04-2014, 04:47 PM

Location: inside, where it is warm or cool depending on the season
117 posts, read 122,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTN96 View Post
Where is the dump located that you are talking about?
Thanks.
Mindi
I'm referring to the dump at 270 and 70 in earth city. The entrance to the dump is off earth city expressway, south of 70. IF you drive near it you WILL smell it. Also the odor is getting worse each year. So 10 years ago we couldn't smell it (but 1-4 times per year) off Dorsett and 270 but now it is becoming much more frequent and worse - to the north towards hazelwood off the MO BOTTOM Rd too.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:48 PM

Location: inside, where it is warm or cool depending on the season
117 posts, read 122,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post

I'm referring to the dump at 270 and 70 in earth city. The smell is getting worse each year now drifting towards 270/dorsett and north up to southern hazelwood.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:27 PM

26 posts, read 25,749 times
I agree with many of the posters that your best bet would be Creve Coeur/Maryland Heights. I'd look between Highway 64/40 and Dorsett rd. primarily west of 270. Good schools and solid neighborhoods that won't be too far of a commute.

St. Charles would also be a possibility. It's just across the Missouri River and a straight shot down Highway 70 to the airport. Traffic getting there could be bad though.

Seems like a pretty hectic time, so I hope our info has been helpful! Have a safe trip and best of luck with the search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or