U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2014, 01:57 PM

2 posts, read 1,524 times

Advertisements

Hey guys! I know this post is being driven into the ground (sorry in advance). I'm relocating to the st louis area. Im a young professional and I'm looking for a lively scene as well. I've found some loft suggestions from some other post, but I haven't seen any post on really nice apartments in CWE? Can anyone describe the big difference between CWE and Downtown? Thanks Guys!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 02:22 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,142,667 times
To me, the biggest difference is in the housing options. CWE is a mix of high rise, low rise, and single family homes. The area has been popular for a longer period of time, and therefore I'd say the apartments tend to be more traditional and dated. Downtown is a ton of warehouses converted to lofts and high rises. As a whole, the properties are more recently renovated. I think CWE feels more neighborhood-like while downtown has a few streets with plenty of residential...and then the rest is mostly commercial.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:11 PM

26 posts, read 25,752 times
Hey Wolfpack! Glad you chose our fair city!

Both are great for urban living. There are a lot of residents Downtown now and your close to a ton of amenities (Cardinals, Blues, Rams, Arch, Peabody Opera House, lots of festivals, etc.) and great nightlife and dining. CWE has forest park (Art Museum, Zoo, Science Center, and generally is just an awesome park.) and lots of great shops and restaurants. Good news is that the Metrolink light rail connects them and a few other great areas.

The biggest difference is really just housing, as billiken pointed out. If you're open to looking, there are some great neighborhoods on the near south side of Downtown (Soulard, Lafayette Square, Tower Grove, Benton Park, Dogtown)

If you don't mind my asking, what are you concentrating your search around? Job, amenities, rent, etc?

Old 05-11-2014, 09:05 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,654,961 times
I would recommend downtown close or on Washington Ave. lots if nightlife and close to other districts that have live music and nightlife like CWE, Soulard, Midtown, and the Loop.

Check out the Ely Walker Lofts, Meridien, Bogen, Ventana, and Fashion Sq. Could provide more if interested.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:32 AM

2 posts, read 1,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufilm View Post
Hey Wolfpack! Glad you chose our fair city!

Both are great for urban living. There are a lot of residents Downtown now and your close to a ton of amenities (Cardinals, Blues, Rams, Arch, Peabody Opera House, lots of festivals, etc.) and great nightlife and dining. CWE has forest park (Art Museum, Zoo, Science Center, and generally is just an awesome park.) and lots of great shops and restaurants. Good news is that the Metrolink light rail connects them and a few other great areas.

The biggest difference is really just housing, as billiken pointed out. If you're open to looking, there are some great neighborhoods on the near south side of Downtown (Soulard, Lafayette Square, Tower Grove, Benton Park, Dogtown)

If you don't mind my asking, what are you concentrating your search around? Job, amenities, rent, etc?
I would say rent and amenities. The most important thing would be to be around other young professionals age 23-28 or so.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:53 AM

26 posts, read 25,752 times
If that is the case then I would say Downtown, Soulard, Tower Grove, and Central West End.

Rent will be cheaper in Soulard and Tower Grove, but you are a little more removed from the metro. Still great young neighborhoods though with lots to do.

Downtown and CWE are more urban environments, but still have lots of residents and things to do. Rent would be a little pricier in these two areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or