U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 09:55 AM

15 posts, read 23,513 times

Advertisements

We are going to be moving in September. Looking for area fairly quiet. Any thought on Florrisant area yes I think I did not spell that right. LOL or areas near there or close to saint Louis. We love nature and lakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 10:52 AM

203 posts, read 221,729 times
Florrissant is a quiet, middle class area that is mostly well-kept but has some rougher edges. It is generally made up of tidy neighborhoods of ranch houses built around the middle of last century. It's surrounded by municipalities that are more or less in decline or in stasis. If you give us more information about what you are looking for and price then we can be of better help.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:24 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,814,427 times
I live in Florissant and love it here! Are you looking to buy a house? Rent a house? Rent an Apartment? What in particular is drawing you to FloMo? That will help me give you more suggestions on where better to look

Florissant is definitely quiet for the most part, but is busy along the main roads running through (Lindbergh in particular, where most of the businesses are located). I live in a 1950s subdivision and it's very quiet, and I have THE BEST neighbors I have ever had, anywhere!

There is a good mix of races, cultures, long time owners, empty nesters and new families. My husband and I have been here a year and a half and we have a baby son and #2 about to pop any day now. I'm really looking forward to raising my boys here- the City Council has a lot of wonderful programs for children for free or very cheap throughout the year, and there are plenty of amenities here (swimming pools, civic center, theater, parks, etc) so we don't have to travel very far for recreation!

If you're into nature and lakes, make sure you check out Sioux Passage Park. It backs onto the Missouri River and is very pleasant!

I hope you love it here if you move here, too

Old 05-16-2014, 05:44 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,575,157 times
Florissant is quite nice. One "R", two "S's".

Old 05-16-2014, 06:56 PM

I know we are wanting to rent for now . We own a house in Illinois hoping it sells lol not in the town we live in . We come to saint Louis every year and want something different. My husband is retired . We have just been looking at different areas and this one stuck out. Which area would you focus on such as street wise when looking for a home.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:41 PM

It largely depends on your requirements and budget. There are a lot of wonderful subdivisions in Florissant- mainly 1950s as I mentioned, but some 1990s/2000s as well. However, there are some less desirable subdivisions I probably wouldn't recommend or would choose to stay away from if I was looking to move here (like any place!). There are also older homes and cottages in Florissant's 'Old Town' district, which have a different vibe again.

What would your budget be for renting, and what size of home would you be looking for, and what age?

For a reasonably priced, modest home, if you're okay with 1950s houses, I would start my search in the neighborhood surrounding the James J. Eagan Center (Community Center and Theater). There are a lot of pleasant streets in the immediate vicinity, and it's a convenient location to amenities (grocery stores, etc).

If you want something a bit more quiet and secluded, you could take a look at the Old Jamestown area as it heads toward Sioux Passage Park. While this is technically unincorporated county, it shares Florissant's zip code, so most people here consider it 'Florissant'. Another nice place to look is the area surrounding Charbonier Road after it passes Koch Park and heads toward the Missouri River. Depending on how far, you might be technically getting into Hazelwood out that way, but it's very pleasant. It feels very 'country' even though you're still super close to all amenities.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:13 AM

Thank this helps . My husband does like nature . I am more like the country girl. Also for most a place would have to be dog friendly as we have a therapy dog . He is a lab but smaller size lab who will travel with us . We would pay pet deposit and need for sure fenced in yard. LOL

Old 05-17-2014, 05:14 AM

As far as budget we could go up to 1200

Old 05-17-2014, 08:14 AM

That's definitely doable in Florissant for a Single Family Home Unfortunately, your budget would rule out a larger property on acreage such as out in Old Jamestown way. But it wouldn't be a problem in Florissant proper.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to Zillow here- but if you input these addresses into Zillow, these are all in areas of Florissant that I would recommend:

1105 Belmont Ter, Florissant
45 Bluefield Ct, Florissant
1520 Ascot Ter, Florissant
1370 Bluefield Dr, Florissant
815 Saint Jean St, Florissant

There are plenty more of course- but those are in areas that I definitely know to be safe and solid, and those are pet friendly .

Also, if your dog likes off leash time there is a Dog Park in Florissant in Duschene Park.

Good Luck!

Old 05-17-2014, 11:46 AM

thanks for the help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or