Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 08:24 PM

5 posts, read 7,879 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I will be relocating to St.Louis in about a month.i'm looking to rent an apartment.

I've gone through the forum and feel that CWE is a good place to stay.

A bit about me:
I'm a 24 year old single IT professional. I like exploring, Walking around and own a car. I'm really not into the bar scene and like quiet neighborhoods. I play Soccer and like to watch football.

I would like to know about the safety of the area as well as any apartment suggestions. I would prefer something updated and with all the amenities like covered parking, washer/dryer etc

I'm planning to rent a single bedroom apartment with safety as a high priority.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 06:52 PM

This is a big change for me..Please do help regarding the area and any other info which might help my transition easier..

Thanks a lot!!

Old 07-23-2014, 12:33 AM

26 posts, read 29,417 times
Hey Neogmu!

Welcome to St. Louis (soon)! The CWE is a great neighborhood, perfectly safe, and it's a little quieter than say, downtown. Forest park is right next door as well and it's great for soccer. Euclid and Maryland is the bar nexus of the neighborhood, so if you're not into it and want more quiet, look a few blocks away from that intersection. With regards to apartments, I'm afraid I don't know which buildings are nicer and which aren't, but there are plenty of options in that area. Can you give us a bit more info? What's your price range, where you will be working, if less commute time is a priority, etc.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufilm View Post
Hey Neogmu!

Welcome to St. Louis (soon)! The CWE is a great neighborhood, perfectly safe, and it's a little quieter than say, downtown. Forest park is right next door as well and it's great for soccer. Euclid and Maryland is the bar nexus of the neighborhood, so if you're not into it and want more quiet, look a few blocks away from that intersection. With regards to apartments, I'm afraid I don't know which buildings are nicer and which aren't, but there are plenty of options in that area. Can you give us a bit more info? What's your price range, where you will be working, if less commute time is a priority, etc.

Thanks for replying mu..!

I have a budget between $1000-$1300. I don't mind the suburbs as well. A single bedroom apt is more than enough for me

I will be working in downtown STL.

Can you suggest any other areas in the suburbs which might have nicer apartments.

Thanks for answering and sorry for so many questions.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:27 PM

321 posts, read 1,003,851 times
You should be able to find a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment in your price range in Maplewood, Richmond Heights or Brentwood, which being right off of highway 40 are all an easy commute to downtown. There are a lot of young professionals in that area as well as a lot of graduate students and other 20 somethings that work in the CWE, midtown or downtown that live in the area. I know there are a number of apartments in all three suburbs in a variety of prices, some being older, but some newer ones as well. Brentwood is probably the quietest and nicest of the three suburbs, but also pricier since you are paying for a better school district, which does not affect you as a single 24 year old. As an IT professional, proximity to the local Micro Center is a big plus too (I just love that place!)

Old 07-25-2014, 07:49 PM

203 posts, read 271,434 times
CWE is great. I would also look in the Demun area of Clayton which is across the street from the west side of Forest Park. There are many multi families. It's slightly more quiet than the CWE but does have a nice retail street with great coffee shop, a wine bar, an oyster bar, etc.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:59 PM

Thanks guys looking into it!!

Old 07-26-2014, 11:28 AM

1,454 posts, read 1,943,901 times
i would say look at the villas in brentwood or look at the demun area of clayton/st. louis - (it's not all in clayton)

Old 07-26-2014, 11:41 PM

135 posts, read 280,420 times
If nightlife isn't a priority, and you're looking for a quiet neighborhood I would highly recommend looking at the neighborhoods around Tower Grove park (Shaw, Southwest Garden, Tower Grove South and Tower Grove East nearer to S. Grand). You could easily find a 1-bedroom apartment in a 4-family building. Beautiful architecture, lots of green. I actually prefer living in Shaw than in CWE although you can't go too wrong with the latter. Plus there's always someone playing soccer in TGP.

As already mentioned in a previous post, it looks like you might also really like the inner suburbs (Brentwood, Richmond Heights, Webster Groves all seem like a good fit).

Old 07-28-2014, 04:05 PM

Thank you everyone..looking into the apartments and areas..thanks again!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis