U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2014, 03:16 PM
 
5,352 posts, read 6,505,354 times
Reputation: 2727

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post
Mike Brown's Rap Sheet on casenet. But wait...they said he was a good kid, a gentle giant...dude should have been on house arrest, not out on the streets.

Description: Burglary - 1st Degree { Felony B RSMo: 569.160 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1401000
OCN: AJ006207 Arresting Agency: ST ANN PD
Description: Armed Criminal Action { Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 3101000
OCN: AJ006207 Arresting Agency: ST ANN PD
Description: Assault 1st Degree - Serious Physical Injury { Felony A RSMo: 565.050 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1301100
OCN: AJ006207 Arresting Agency: ST ANN PD
Description: Armed Criminal Action { Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 3101000
OCN: AJ006207 Arresting Agency: ST ANN PD
Others have pointed out how this is a different person, but to make it clear:

Go to Casenet Missouri, search by case number: https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/ca...ype=caseNumber

Put in the case number for the above offenses: 13SL-CR12675-01

You'll then see the record for offenses by a Michael R. Brown. Click the "Charges, Judgments & Sentences" tab at top and verify they are the same charges you have supplied in your post. Same OCNs, everything.

Then click the tab "Parties & Attorneys". Defendant lives in Troy, MO.

Defendant was born in 1997. That means he'd be 16 during part of 2014 (unless born on January 1) and 17 after his birthday in 2014. The Michael Brown who was killed in Ferguson was 18 years old.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-13-2014, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,787 posts, read 14,731,756 times
Reputation: 10066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post
Why whenever the black community gets upset about something, it involves rioting and looting?
Right...right...because white people don't riot. Ever. Or wait, maybe they do. But when they do, it is because of more important things then an unarmed teenager getting gunned down by the police sworn to protect them. Yeah, that's it - more important things like a sporting event (win or lose) or alcohol or a college football coach being fired... more dignified stuff like that.

All rioting is bad, no matter who does it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2014, 03:26 PM
 
Location: SoCal Laguna Beach previously Longhorn Nation
457 posts, read 668,926 times
Reputation: 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
Hold on, I'm black....but I didn't loot. I don't even live there. Are you saying that I'm apart of that too?
You're Black and not part of it - that's it? How many of these people participating in the Ferguson riots are actually employed wage earners who make a living and pay state taxes? Do these thieves claim to be personally acquainted with the victim and his family?

Take a good look at the people in these videos, most are typical lowlifes who are doing the looting and rioting and taking advantage of this tragic situation. If these people cared about Mike Brown, they would be doing something constructive instead of robbing the local merchants, destroying property, and creating total chaos in this community. These looters are nothing but stereotypical thugs and completely discredit this entire situation.

Last edited by Alpha_Dog; 08-13-2014 at 03:35 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2014, 04:02 PM
 
Location: SoCal Laguna Beach previously Longhorn Nation
457 posts, read 668,926 times
Reputation: 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Right...right...because white people don't riot. Ever. Or wait, maybe they do.
Totally disagree - the only time you generally see White Americans riot is when Apple launches a new version of the iPhone
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2014, 04:03 PM
 
Location: 1950s-60s-70s-GONE
65 posts, read 93,050 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post
You're Black and not part of it - that's it? How many of these people participating in the Ferguson riots are actually employed wage earners who make a living and pay state taxes? Do these thieves claim to be personally acquainted with the victim and his family?

Take a good look at the people in these videos, most are typical lowlifes who are doing the looting and rioting and taking advantage of this tragic situation. If these people cared about Mike Brown, they would be doing something constructive instead of robbing the local merchants, destroying property, and creating total chaos in this community. These looters are nothing but stereotypical thugs and completely discredit this entire situation.

And so goes the mentality of this out of control group trying to be dealt with. I say time to turn on the big fire hoses.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2014, 04:25 PM
 
Location: St. Louis
7,302 posts, read 5,969,074 times
Reputation: 4345
Now this is how you loot a store:

Surveillance video released in looting of St. Louis shoe store; gas station also hit : News

...I must say, they did this so efficiently and quickly you'd almost think they had been practicing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2014, 04:36 PM
 
Location: StlNoco Mo, where the woodbine twineth
8,306 posts, read 5,920,024 times
Reputation: 12036
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Now this is how you loot a store:

Surveillance video released in looting of St. Louis shoe store; gas station also hit : News

...I must say, they did this so efficiently and quickly you'd almost think they had been practicing.
I guess if you need any shoes sold cheap check Craigslist.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2014, 05:15 PM
 
6,052 posts, read 6,887,558 times
Reputation: 4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkeleyKid View Post
And so goes the mentality of this out of control group trying to be dealt with. I say time to turn on the big fire hoses.
So sad. So so sad that many are not seeing the situation for what it is because of a dysfunctional racialist upbringing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2014, 05:52 PM
 
1,437 posts, read 1,574,572 times
Reputation: 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
I'm not really sure how those two points connect. You should still be the beneficiary of something even though you never had an exact dealing with it (think heir....something Paris Hilton was). I ''inherited'' the black race. When sometime goes wrong, I have to feel that stereotype. If I was James Holmes, I'd be shot dead. You being white, if you robbed a store now. There's a good chance you'd be arrested and have a fair trial. I mean, James Holmes killed 12 people in a theater and got a very fair trial.

i just found this part funny.. um.. Holmes hasn't had a trial yet.. probably not until December..But nice of you to throw that part in to make your point. Hope others caught it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2014, 05:58 PM
 
111 posts, read 160,309 times
Reputation: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
I can see your point with this. As an African-American, I can see many different sides.

On one hand (and I'm talking about the protests, NOT the looters) it's frustrating when the law disproportionately targets a black man. I'm college-educated and I get discriminated against. I have to wear my skin everyday and think about it everyday. It would be great not to. But I know that I'll be followed if I shop in Frontenac...even though I drive a Mercedes. I know that I'll get passed over certain position because of my race.

For many people, it's hard to to trust a system that has ALWAYS worked against them. That's when people stop caring. If allegedly an upcoming college student who's a ''gentle giant'' can get killed ''not doing anything" then some people would rather do something because at least they'd have the satisfaction of disobedience.
Have you seen the statistics for Black crime? Do you think it's all "made up"?
Blacks are arrested disproportionately because they commit huge amounts of crime..
You get passed over for jobs because of your race? I seriously doubt that.Have you ever considered that you are simply paranoid?
You say this kid was "doing nothing"...You don't know that...Just the fact that you reflexively side with the Black kid shows racism...
I say lets wait for some facts. And looters are thieves and arsonists are potential murderers. they should be shot on sight...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top