U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 10:00 PM

663 posts, read 924,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropper111 View Post
Time for Americans to evolve-on both sides
This. I think, for a lot this has been bottled up for years. I think the tipping point was Trayvon Martin and this incident was the straw that broke the camels back. Race relations are not good in the US, and maybe this is a great chance to open up.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 10:43 PM

112 posts, read 118,185 times
I didn't read the entire discussion, but I find it strange that no one is asking why a young man who was accepted to college, (with no prior arrest record), would attempt to grab an officer's gun?

I'm trying to make sense of the official story, but I can't.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:55 PM

150 posts, read 223,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine_565 View Post
I didn't read the entire discussion, but I find it strange that no one is asking why a young man who was accepted to college, (with no prior arrest record), would attempt to grab an officer's gun?

I'm trying to make sense of the official story, but I can't.

He was "accepted" to Vatterott College. My dogs could get accepted to Vatterott College.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:01 PM

8,317 posts, read 5,944,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topospace View Post
He was "accepted" to Vatterott College. My dogs could get accepted to Vatterott College.
Not my cat,he dropped out of high school and became a dumpster diver.
But that doesn't mean he's not smart.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:04 PM

150 posts, read 223,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Not my cat,he dropped out of high school and became a dumpster diver.
But that doesn't mean he's not smart.
Don't you know that everybody is smart in this generation? Well actually, a genius. They get a participation ribbon and told they're the next Einstein.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Really? I'd like to see that. Your dogs have a social security number?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:14 PM

112 posts, read 118,185 times
Quote:
The larger point is, he graduated from H.S. and planned to matriculate at a college. Also, he didn't have any prior arrests. I have a hard time believing that he attempted to grab the officer's gun.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine_565 View Post
The larger point is, he graduated from H.S. and planned to matriculate at a college. Also, he didn't have any prior arrests. I have a hard time believing that he attempted to grab the officer's gun.
No, apparently the line keeps getting drawn back. The dude could have been accepted to MIT, but since it's not as highly ranked as Harvard....then he deserves to be shot.

The kid still would have had a decent paying job (aka NOT on welfare checks) if he had went to Vatterot (albeit lot's of student loans).

Old 08-14-2014, 11:24 PM

4,669 posts, read 3,631,527 times
Quote:
Wow... What a rotten thing to say. So you think you're better than him.

Just remember that the measure that you use to judge other people will be meted out to you.

Whether it's Harvard or Vatterott College, the point is the kid was trying continue his education and do something with his life. Give him credit for trying.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:43 PM

5,352 posts, read 6,513,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b1 View Post
Do you simply dent the FBI crime statistics? Do you deny the huge crime rate among Blacks?Are you aware that 50% of Black men have been arrested by the age of 23?
49%, actually. And 38% of white men have been, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis