U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 10:46 PM

317 posts, read 295,445 times

Advertisements

I doubt the cop would shoot someone unless there was a valid reason. I don't think this was the cops first day on the job.

Shooting someone is serious and most likely something happened that these witnesses aren't saying. Maybe, the witnesses are racist. I read that the cop had swelling on his head. You don't get swelling on your head without some kind of altercation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 11:36 PM

336 posts, read 356,079 times
Let' s show remorse for Micheal Brown the young teen shot and as for the looting that resulted is a red flag of a behavior that will inevitably explode into marshall law
predicted in the collase of the US economy in 2015. The looters are simply fools
having NOTHING to do with Micheal or ANY interest in the overwehelming sorrow of
his parents, family ad friends. I suggest becoming ready to protect property and especially food as this isolated looting is serious but merely a precurser to a looting of our nations businesses, homes and violence on individuals carrying anything of value for
the condition ( money NOT being of any value) This is a taste albeit a social sampling and I hate that Micheal became the test case for two senario's I sadly report. My opinion
may not be shared or grasped and I welcome any dialog whether you get my point or
not. Again it is too early to arrve at a judgement on The Micheal Brown nor would I be
qualified. I only will say that we have an extremely tolerant black community and living
in the spirit of Martin Luther King who I loved deeply in my soul. Those looters do not
represent the greater population of whites and blacks, but seek an opportunity to steal
that which is not theirs!

Old 08-14-2014, 11:43 PM

317 posts, read 295,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
49%, actually. And 38% of white men have been, too.
Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery

When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife

That being said we need more Asian people in this country.

Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate

Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.

• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
  • Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
  • Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa

There is a valid reason why police stop black males.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:25 AM

58,132 posts, read 50,834,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery

When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife

Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.

• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
  • Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
  • Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa

I don't care how valid you think the reason is. The reason I don't care because at the end of the day, this is my perspective: If I'm obeying the law, leave me alone. If I have not presented any reason to be pulled over, leave me alone. If being Black is considered a reason to pull me over, that is a violation of my constitutional rights. It is the part of about search and seizure. What I do as a law-abiding citizen is MY responsibility. And what thugs who happen to be Black do is their responsibility. Let what they do stick to them and leave me alone.

Again, come up with a reason why I should be profiled that is related to ME.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:22 AM

268 posts, read 300,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Hobbs View Post
So true platter. MLK started this entitlement martyr crap. I avoid black communities at all costs. They are extremely racist and dangerous where I live to white peoples.

good stay away but the crazy white guy will off your family member

Old 08-15-2014, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topospace View Post
He was "accepted" to Vatterott College. My dogs could get accepted to Vatterott College.

it is a trade school, you got a problem with a kid going to trade school? racist bs

Old 08-15-2014, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCitySam View Post
It's tragic quite frankly. But it should be understood that these black men are fed a steady diet of doom and gloom from the time they are born by the Sharptons and other race hustlers. Those that can rise above the naysayers typically succeed quite nicely.
and they run into white folks who will lock them up for yelling at some racist fool too while letting the white boy slide for doing dirt.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine_565 View Post
I didn't read the entire discussion, but I find it strange that no one is asking why a young man who was accepted to college, (with no prior arrest record), would attempt to grab an officer's gun?

I'm trying to make sense of the official story, but I can't.

you know the lies he had on sagging jeans, listened to rap, and wore a baseball cap backwards so according to a ton of white folks he should be excuted

Old 08-15-2014, 02:37 AM

Quote:

you liar! whites kill whites, blacks kills blacks, asians kill asians.plus housing segregation is still the rule, whites do not live near the black folks in america!!!!!! .when you add drunk driving killings by whites, white murders blow the black homicide rate away then add white collar crime it is no comparison who is really committing the most crime.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:41 AM

Quote:
I doubt the cop would shoot someone unless there was a valid reason. I don't think this was the cops first day on the job.

Shooting someone is serious and most likely something happened that these witnesses aren't saying. Maybe, the witnesses are racist. I read that the cop had swelling on his head. You don't get swelling on your head without some kind of altercation.

standard white cop lie= he went for my gun,he had a gun or he lunged at me please shut up racist white folks never want to call out other whites bs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis