U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 09:12 AM

7,305 posts, read 5,983,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
For walking on the street instead of the sidewalk?
I understand the officer was responding to a call re: a robbery.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 09:16 AM

663 posts, read 924,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
What is that video they're planning on releasing?
They're releasing a video?

Old 08-15-2014, 09:20 AM

Default Wilson was responding to a 911 call of a strong-arm robbery.....

Darren Wilson identified as the officer who shot Michael Brown - The Washington Post

"Jackson provided few other details about Wilson at the news conference and did not take any questions. He said that Wilson had been responding to a call shortly before noon on Saturday when there was a 911 call regarding a “strong-arm robbery” at a convenience store, Jackson said.

A description of a possible suspect was given over the radio, saying this person was walking toward the QuickTrip convenience store in Ferguson. Wilson left the call he had been responding to and encountered Brown on Canfield Drive at 12:01 p.m., Jackson said.

An incident report handed out by police on Friday labeled Brown as a suspect in the convenience store robbery."

Weird - so it wasn't just about them walking in the street. Brown was Id'd as the robber at the QT- Wilson, doing his job, responded quickly and confronted Brown -who met the id of the robber.

Seems to be another meme about this case that isn't quite true.

HAVE TO ADD THIS: shots from the QT robbery:

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/stat...79952160600064a

ADDING THIS: I Don't know if the guy in the video stills is Brown.

Last edited by MUTGR; 08-15-2014 at 09:59 AM..

Old 08-15-2014, 09:40 AM

If that is Michael Brown in that robbery...then....it'll be interesting to see how that narrative changes again.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:48 AM

6,056 posts, read 6,905,763 times
Confront a robber by telling him to "get the f out of the street?" What is wrong with these people in St. Louis county and Ferguson?

Old 08-15-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Confront a robber by telling him to "get the f out of the street?" What is wrong with these people in St. Louis county and Ferguson?
Well, maybe it's not Brown in the photos. Assuming for a second it is - how do we know what the cop said to him? That's from Brown's associate - who was an accessory to the robbery at the QT - and I don't recall him mentioning anything about the strong-arm robbery at the QT.

I guess if it's not Brown - a case of mistaken identity - but the cop clearly had a description of the robber that was very close to Brown.

I'm not saying that justifies what happened after - but it certainly changes the story of a rogue white cop out to hassle black kids doing nothing. Goes to motive, etc.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:55 AM

First, there's a lot of big black guys in that area that look like him. Just drive to Ferguson and you'll see.

Second, that video is too dark to see clearly.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
First, there's a lot of big black guys in that area that look like him. Just drive to Ferguson and you'll see.

Second, that video is too dark to see clearly.
I just saw a picture on twitter that made it look like it wasn't Brown - not wearing exactly the same clothes - shoes.

So I don't know.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I just saw a picture on twitter that made it look like it wasn't Brown - not wearing exactly the same clothes - shoes.

So I don't know.
Yeah, the shoes don't seem the same unless he had another pair. This could be a REALLY bad case of mistaken identity.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:04 AM

6,056 posts, read 6,905,763 times
I know I don't know either. I do know that Ferguson and St. Louis County are being exposed in a major way. I love my hometown but it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis