U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 02:51 PM

317 posts, read 295,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
This is crazy, because eyewitness Piaget Crenshaw has video of the scene right after the shooting occurred. In the video, officer Wilson is standing next to another officer apparently explaining what had happened. But, it doesn't look like any EMT's showed up to treat the officer or to check the victim for any sign of life.
It's crazy that someone would make any kind of statement like you did without having all the information from a completed investigation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
Interesting. I always find it weird how someone was ''injured'' but there didn't seem to be an ambulance or anyone on sight.

Can't wait until we get a photoshopped picture with ''Day of Shooting'' time-stamped at the bottom.

When did medical help get there? Did it ever get there? Until we know the answers to these questions, stop commenting on it.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:56 PM

6,062 posts, read 6,926,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Still, just because I'm lazy and I don't want to read through a zillion pages of thread...

What is it, the officer is actually accused of? (I don't have cable TV, so I don't have the wall to wall coverage going on in my house)

Is it deliberately shooting someone in the back in broad daylight with an eyewitness (Mike Brown's friend) allowed to live to tell the tale? Does the officer have a history of brutality or disciplinary action on record with the department?
Is he accused of being racist and choosing to work in a predominately black neighborhood so he can harass the citizens there?

Don't get me wrong... I like to think most police officers in general want to do the right things, but I also know there are some who come into the field with "power trip" attitudes. Even where I live in South Orange County where the crime rate is pretty low, I had a police officer give me a speeding ticket, (he was playing "hidey cop" where there was no traffic before the mall opened) and he had a real obnoxious "high and mighty" attitude. I really wanted to ask him where he was during rush hour traffic when it would have been like shooting fish in a barrel with so many maniacs driving through there!

Nevertheless, little ol' middle aged white lady me knows he had a gun and handcuffs, so I just kept my mouth shut!

BTW, where I live is near Irvine, Ca. and 20 years ago it was pretty lily white (things have changed since then... 40% Asian, and many middles easterners) and a black coworker told me he used to manage a Carls Jr. fast food restaurant in Irvine and got pulled over so many times for "Driving While Black", that eventually the cops just waved and smiled at him as he drove to work!
That is the thing we don't know if he was racists or not. We haven't seen the police report or anything. There is nothing to indicate a bad history within his 6 years being on the force but that doesn't hold too much water considering how easy it is to cover up wrong doing.

Michael Brown was not shot in the back! The witness and the autopsy didn't reveal that.

We do know that the Ferguson PD hasn't been as transparent as they should have leaving many questions unanswered.

As an African American who has been on the receiving end of racial profiling I'm looking for answers and hoping for a fair trial.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
This is crazy, because eyewitness Piaget Crenshaw has video of the scene right after the shooting occurred. In the video, officer Wilson is standing next to another officer apparently explaining what had happened. But, it doesn't look like any EMT's showed up to treat the officer or to check the victim for any sign of life.
The truth is going to come out. Too many witnesses and it's too high profile of a case for them to mess it up.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:10 PM

Disabled girl raped by up to 25 black males.

Disabled Ga. Girl Gang-Raped - ABC News

Old 08-19-2014, 03:12 PM

854 posts, read 1,017,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
Of course that's assuming that is exactly what happened. It would be in the officer's best interest to make himself look better.

I'm not sure what relevance size has here though. The officer would have probably still shot him if he was 5'2''.
Agreed, size isn't the issue when someone is unarmed and you are armed to the teeth. Also what is with all of this " bum rushing " talk, trying to make it sound like this guy was as fierce as Mike Tyson or some thing. Nonsense! Bum rushing, wtf I haven't heard that term used in decades, and is usually used in a derogatory or inflammatory statement. Can't you people just say he supposedly attacked the officer? In your minds he was guilty before even questioned in my opinion. In my world people have the right to an investigation before I take a cops word over a citizen. This trend of believing everything thing cops say is disturbing to me.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
Disabled girl raped by up to 25 black males.

Disabled Ga. Girl Gang-Raped - ABC News
What does this have to do with the situation in Ferguson?

Are you racist?

Old 08-19-2014, 03:16 PM

569 posts, read 1,277,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Agreed, size isn't the issue when someone is unarmed and you are armed to the teeth. Also what is with all of this " bum rushing " talk, trying to make it sound like this guy was as fierce as Mike Tyson or some thing.
You obviously are misinformed about the protocols for use of deadly force. Disparity in size IS most definitely a justifying factor....unless you get your information from television shows where cops knock guns out of criminals hands with ninja stars.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:18 PM

854 posts, read 1,017,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
What does this have to do with the situation in Ferguson?

Are you racist?
I have come to the conclusion that there are indeed several racists within this thread. Letting us know we are ignorant for not blaming all crime committed in this country on African Americans.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:22 PM

3 posts, read 2,346 times
why is this being considered a racial issue? Did the officer say a racial remark? How does anyone not know that this same thing would have happened if it had of been a white boy. He may still have gotton shot. It seems off that it would take 6 shots to stop someone and for this, yes, it should be investigated. But "racial"? Come on, if it had of been turned around and it was a black cop shooting a white kid, nothing would have been said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis