Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 11:44 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post
Leo - Could you imagine what it must have been like to be Darren Wilson that day. The guy was out doing his regular beat when he was attacked by a 6 ft 4' inch 290 lbs ​​mammoth sized criminal. Wilson's eye socket was already fractured by Brown in the initial altercation, after that Wilson has little to no chance to kick this criminal's a** or take him down in hand to hand combat. Do you shoot ​him ​or do you take your chances trying to take him down on your own? ​Based on the circumstances, ​I can't imagine too many people who would take their chances on the latter​.​ After Brown is shot dead the national media ​has a field day ​putting Wilson before a firing squad and demonizing him to the country using the false words of a convicted liar​,​ (Dorian Johnson) Brown’s crackhead cohort in the strong arm robbery. Wilson had little choice that afternoon but to protect himself​. ​

Brown only became known by virtue of his own stupid​ decisions he made​​ that afternoon​.​ And Mike Brown was​n't ​​just​ an arrogant thug, he was ​just ​plain stupid. If I just ripped off a convenience store or thought I was ​just caught stealing​,​ I sure as hell wouldn't be walking down the middle of the street blocking traffic. And if a cop told me to get out of the street, I'm probably not going to argue with him about how far it is to my house and how I'll be out of the street in a minute​. When a cop yells for you to ​STOP​......you stop.....if they have a gun pointed directly at you....you drop.

​Brown​ could have lived to tell his side​ of the story​, but he was too arrogant and pig headed to let that happen.
Alpha- I'll ignore your second paragraph because, as I said before, that is all irrelevant.

Regarding the first paragraph, IF it all went down just as you describe, that Officer Wilson was physically assaulted by Brown and had to use lethal force to defend himself, then he would be justified in shooting. The problem is, we don't know any of that. Wilson has not made a public statement. Was his eye socket actually fractured? That story came from Fox News via an "anonymous source". Was Brown rushing at Wilson when he was shot? That story came from an anonymous radio show caller. Wilson may very well be completely innocent of any wrongdoing, but we won't know that until all the facts are out, which is why we need this Grand Jury investigation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 09:25 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Wilson may very well be completely innocent of any wrongdoing, but we won't know that until all the facts are out, which is why we need this Grand Jury investigation.
You are so right. Darren Wilson testified before the jury for 4 hours this week. There is no way he could cover up and lie for so long. The truth came out and the jury should have a good picture of what happened.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:45 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times
Yeah, the reason a defendant testifying in front of a grand jury is so rare is that you have no legal counsel while testifying. Your lawyer has to stay outside. Since grand jury testimony can be admitted at a subsequent trial, this is normally an extremely serious mistake. When you add that he has already given four statements and the grand jury got to directly question him (which was probably most of that 4 hours), this would be a monumental mistake. That's why you see so many people that want him convicted saying this was "unusual". It was, but on Wilson's part, not the grand jury's part. He has to be extremely sure of his statements to do something like this.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:08 AM

111 posts, read 181,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post
LOL - It's really amazing but not surprising how much misinformation can be crammed into a handful of your short paragraphs isn't it. If Brown had been killed by a black cop we probably wouldn't even know who he was. Turning this over-sized punk kid into some sort of saint like urban hero is a joke - Brown was a disgrace.

For someone who robbed a store, manhandled the little clerk in broad daylight, walked down the middle of the street like a complete idiot, resisted arrest, and assaulted a cop, Mike Brown died for his stupid criminal behavior that day. Brown was a thief, who had zero respect for anyone but himself. Brown was executed by a decorated cop with a spotless record who fought off this brazen thug, and then shot him when he was attacked. Wilson will walk...Brown is dead.

St Louis and Ferguson should put billboards up on all the local freeways, with the photo of Michael Brown roughing up and intimidating the Pakistani store clerk, with "don't shoot" coming out of the poor old guys mouth!

You nailed it buddy....

Old 09-20-2014, 11:46 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,676,127 times
^ Actually his obsession of touting his "version" of the story as fact, it could very well be correct btw, he just has no way of knowing whether it is or not, is downright scary and a huge part of the problem for this case.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:08 AM

10,019 posts, read 8,635,195 times
They arrested 5 more protestors last night and had to house them in St.Ann's jail because Ferguson's jail is under construction. When they come up with bail money who gets it, St.Ann or Ferguson? Or do they split it up between them?

Old 09-29-2014, 10:52 AM

455 posts, read 771,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
They arrested 5 more protestors last night and had to house them in St.Ann's jail because Ferguson's jail is under construction. When they come up with bail money who gets it, St.Ann or Ferguson? Or do they split it up between them?

I doubt the majority of these people have jobs / money to get bailed out until the beginning of next month. They will have to wait until their welfare check gets sent out.

For many of these people, protesting is a full-time job and they can protest all they want and not worry about missing work or getting fired. Best thing to do is withdraw all local police from the area, if the residents need assistance, have them call Eric Holder or the Reverend Al Sharpton.

Last edited by Alpha_Dog; 09-29-2014 at 11:02 AM..

Old 09-29-2014, 11:28 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times
Actually, most of the protesters do have jobs, quite a few own their own businesses. But not great paying jobs, and they are relying on protesting in shifts and getting donations for bail money at this point. The bail money is somewhat irrelevant, because they are also being very careful to show up for all of their court dates. You might actually see the protests scale back because their bail fund apparently ran out in the last two days.

There are other true professional protesters in the area from out of State. They have huge bail funds behind them.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:45 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,635,195 times
I am noticing more and more white protestors.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:32 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,748,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I am noticing more and more white protestors.
Really? I'm noticing considerably less pro-Michael Brown sentiment in my (mostly) white social media world. I thought people were jumping ship now that "honoring Mike Brown's memory" now consists of trying to shut down highways and yelling at people during Cards games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis