Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 11:51 PM

393 posts, read 503,711 times

Advertisements

As a retired teacher who worked in the inner-city schools, I see that lower income kids need parents who work with them. They usually entered kindergarten knowing very few letters, words, knowing how to write their name, and knowing some numbers. How are they going to get a good education when they are always behind? Lack of education is part of the reason that they get in more trouble than white kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 12:06 AM

455 posts, read 771,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
Anyways, I agree with you bad apples. It's a self-fuffiling prophecy. You'll find what you want to find. Black people will always get automatically assumed for doing a crime, even if they are not. Hence, a as a black person I can't knock on a white neighbor's door without fear of being shot. Police are really guilty of this as they are faster to arrest a black man for something than a white man.

That's your best shot Bubby?... I guess facts go over like a pregnant pole-vaulter because the false narrative that's currently being peddled is that this kid was completely compliant and had his hands in the air when he was viciously gunned down by the evil trigger happy racist cop - Do you think Bubby the cops are playing some kind of bizarre knock out game where whites go up and randomly target blacks for violence and the kill shot - you know how it really happens in reverse -- Political Correctness is the first step to the destruction of democracy.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:44 AM

3,884 posts, read 4,534,690 times
Thank you for the replies. It's one thing to read theories and so forth from professors and journalists, quite another to hear from the people who know the area well and have lived through it's history.

I hope for peace soon and the riddance of those who are showing up to make trouble for the sake of making trouble. Real solutions need to be found.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:48 AM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I was wondering myself why they let the kid's body lie out there in the middle of the street for several hours. Like it was some kind of warning. As in "you mess with us this is what you get". Krist! Why not just cut the kid's head off and put it up on a stake like some primitive tribe in New Guinea or someplace. It's still too early to say whether this was a good shooting or bad but from what I've seen over the past several days I'll say this: the Ferguson PD is one F***** up police department.
A body cannot be disturbed in any way until forensics have been completed (for example, a covering could dislodge fibers or, in this case, disturb gunpowder residue). In some of the recent school shootings, parents were very distressed that the bodies remained on site well into the next day.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:05 AM

854 posts, read 1,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post
That's your best shot Bubby?... I guess facts go over like a pregnant pole-vaulter because the false narrative that's currently being peddled is that this kid was completely compliant and had his hands in the air when he was viciously gunned down by the evil trigger happy racist cop - Do you think Bubby the cops are playing some kind of bizarre knock out game where whites go up and randomly target blacks for violence and the kill shot - you know how it really happens in reverse -- Political Correctness is the first step to the destruction of democracy.
Ronald Reagan was the first step to the destruction of Democracy.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:15 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Ronald Reagan was the first step to the destruction of Democracy.
You just discredited yourself.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:22 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,861,227 times
I've heard from other residents (I live in Florissant, which is directly North of Ferguson if you're not familiar with the St. Louis area) that back in the 80s, real estate agents were using fear tactics (ie: telling them that their property values would decline in NoCo, that it wouldn't be safe to walk the streets at night, etc etc, as African Americans first began to move into the community) to convince white home owners in Florissant and surrounds in order to sell them newly built properties in subdivisions in St. Charles County for big commissions.

Apparently Mayor Eagan tried to stop it (the fear mongering by real estate agents), but failed.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:01 AM

188 posts, read 372,389 times
Cop should not be charged and black youth need to be taught how to act properly in a civilized world.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:04 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector2 View Post
Things pretty rowdy out in Manchester?
I know you are just being a smart a**, buy actually, my husband works 5 minutes from this crap, so we will move on.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:13 AM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Are they trained to empty the magazine into the assailant?
Yes, if that's what it takes to stop the threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis