Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 10:28 AM

569 posts, read 1,442,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You can spout all the facts you want. It won't matter to these low-information entitlement race-baiters. They will believe what they want. Facts be damned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 10:32 AM

10,019 posts, read 8,632,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
They were there to cause trouble. There are white people and people of various nationalities who I have seen, talked to and walked with in the daytime protests. I've also seen a few at night... There are some people who can look beyond the race issue and just believe what they believe is right.
Have you heard anything about the conditions of the people who have been shot down there since all of this started? All they do is tell you someone was shot but they never say how bad. I think there have been at least a half a dozen or so.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:42 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Anybody with any sense would stay far away from that scene. I still can't believe the ignorant parents bringing their little kids down there, putting them in harm's way.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:46 AM

592 posts, read 802,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post

This is crazy, because eyewitness Piaget Crenshaw has video of the scene right after the shooting occurred. In the video, officer Wilson is standing next to another officer apparently explaining what had happened. But, it doesn't look like any EMT's showed up to treat the officer or to check the victim for any sign of life.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Have you heard anything about the conditions of the people who have been shot down there since all of this started? All they do is tell you someone was shot but they never say how bad. I think there have been at least a half a dozen or so.
That's the thing, we don't hear any follow ups on these people who have been shot. And the people who have been shot, have all been shot after the media was ordered to leave or sent to a designated area. Also, the national media reports things differently from the local media.. The news said one woman was shot in the head during a drive by near the W. Florissant and Highmont intersection. In an area swarmed with police tanks (with spotlights) streetlights,helicopters with spotlights and the surrounding streets blocked off....how can someone possibly do a drive by and get away?? The media says she was grazed by a bullet from another protestor, but the woman says on her instagram that she thought she got hit with a tear gas canister.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:57 AM

1,912 posts, read 4,688,400 times
As others have said, there are white protesters...some of them are my friends. I have friends who used to live here that feel so strongly about this that they made a trip back this past weekend. I myself am trying to reserve judgement until the facts come out--the slow moving release of information is frustrating.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Anybody with any sense would stay far away from that scene. I still can't believe the ignorant parents bringing their little kids down there, putting them in harm's way.
There are a groups of protestors (from this area) who have been guarding local businesses and trying to prevent the disorderly people from looting or destroying anything else. (I don't think I've seen this in the national news). Last night, 9 people were arrested...they came from cities like LA,NY,Austin, TX... none from Ferguson..

Old 08-19-2014, 11:06 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
I don't know about the protests out there. Back in 1988 there was a protest in my home town, nothing so violent as the what's going on in Ferguson, but I decided I wanted to join the protestors.

I walked down there and as I turned the corner a group of about a dozen protestors turned and chased me about four blocks before tackling me and beating the living s it out of me while a crowd gathered around to watch and cheer my attackers on.

Luckily a nice lady stopped her car, honked her horn and dispersed the crowd and gave me a ride home. I still support causes, but chaotic race-fuelled anger makes me leary of 'joining in'.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:09 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
The last time I saw anything about this the white guy who was not involved got severely beat by protesters.
Why would anyone else show up for a voluntary beating?

Old 08-19-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The last time I saw anything about this the white guy who was not involved got severely beat by protesters.
Why would anyone else show up for a voluntary beating?
What white guy? Name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis