Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 11:45 AM

1,478 posts, read 2,408,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCitySam View Post
Let me make my own clarifications:
The road in its entirety does not need to be widened. Many sections are perfectly acceptable. But there are sections that are clearly too narrow for 4 lanes. Reducing the speed from 40 to 35 on the entire road would be unjustified and wouldn't alleviate the safety concerns on the narrow sections anyway. The only way to fix it is to widen the lanes at these sections of the road. But at these narrow sections, the trail is too close to make the necessary modifications while not impacting or even tearing up the trail and setting it back further from the road.

The right turn lanes would be beneficial for traffic flow in all directions and no retiming would be necessary. Cars can turn when it’s clear for them to do so. But with the construction of the stone entrances to the trail, the right turn lanes are not even possible anymore. Unless you remove the stone entrances, which of course is unlikely.
I get what you're saying. It's just that if the streets department even thought those lanes might be warranted at present or some future date, the trail never would have been approved to go there. GRG needs to get local/state approval when building that close to roads from the relevant street/highway dept. I can definitely see how this might be inconvenient to you, but the streets dept does not think it poses a safety issue, nor do they think it is necessary....otherwise, they would have told GRG "no".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: