Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 09:10 PM

17 posts, read 15,517 times

Advertisements

During the winter time, does St. Louis get a lot of gray clouds? When I say gray clouds, I mean the entire sky is one gray sheet, instead of individual clouds?

Would you consider St. Louis' climate more like Denver or Philadelphia? I chose these two cities because they are roughly on the same latitude as St. Louis

Does St. Louis have a lot of trees? Also, is there a lot of trees in the areas outside of the city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 06:49 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,748,093 times
(1) Yes, it does get dreary in the winter. This year it's been pretty sunny for the most part, But that's unusual.

(2) I don't know, I've never been to either

(3) Yes, tons of trees. Lots and lots and lots of trees inside and outside the city.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:58 AM

3 posts, read 42,967 times
St. Louis can have gray, dreary days in the winter but also has many bright, sunny days. St. Louis doesn't get as much snow as Denver and is usually warmer, especially in the summer. And there are many, many trees everywhere.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:57 AM

203 posts, read 271,340 times
St. Louis' climate is nothing like Denver. Denver gets a ton of sun, even in the winter, and the sun is intense due to the altitude. Therefore, it can be 25 F but still feel good in Denver. St. Louis has cloudy winters. The summers are different too. St. Louis is hot and humid. Denver is not humid at all and temps at night can drop considerably in the summer.

St. Louis has tons of trees--it's one of the worst places to live for allergy sufferers.

Last edited by Hector2; 02-25-2015 at 08:50 AM..

Old 02-25-2015, 01:47 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,013,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy211 View Post
During the winter time, does St. Louis get a lot of gray clouds? When I say gray clouds, I mean the entire sky is one gray sheet, instead of individual clouds?

Would you consider St. Louis' climate more like Denver or Philadelphia? I chose these two cities because they are roughly on the same latitude as St. Louis

Does St. Louis have a lot of trees? Also, is there a lot of trees in the areas outside of the city?
1. Yes.

2. Philly for sure.

3. Yes - trees all over, in the city, the burbs, exurbs, country.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector2 View Post
St. Louis has tons of trees--it's one of the worst places to live for allergy sufferers.
But one of the best for tree lovers.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:09 AM

150 posts, read 243,949 times
The vast majority of winter days in St. Louis are gray, dreary, and depressing. You can go for weeks there without seeing the sun. After the horrible winter, you'll have about a month when its not raining to experience the horrible hot and humid summers. If you enjoy doing anything outdoors, it's about the worst possible place you can live.

Unless it's snowing, it's sunny during the winter in Denver.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:47 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,494 times
More like Philly than Denver (I've lived in Delaware and Colorado Springs). You have gray winter days, but also many sunny ones. We had short sleeves on in January and really it has been just now in Feb. that winter hit.
We moved back home because we love having four seasons.
Trees all over and very beautiful ones, at that! It's one of the main reasons we moved out of TX...no spring/fall to watch trees bloom and turn colors- and heat year-round.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:53 PM

2,694 posts, read 3,188,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy211 View Post
St. Louis spends much of its winter with the solid gray sky, just as you described. Welcome to the Midwest.

Quote:
I haven't been to Philly, but I have been to NYC, so I would say that St. Louis would be more similar than Philly since NYC felt like a slightly less cold Chicago, which is how I feel about St. Louis.

Quote:
This is a major positive for St. Louis, yes, there are a lot of trees. Take a stroll through Forest Park, it's gorgeous

Old 02-26-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topospace View Post
After the horrible winter, you'll have about a month when its not raining to experience the horrible hot and humid summers.
You're not describing St. Louis. I yearn for the heat and humidity though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: