Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 10:21 PM

1,478 posts, read 2,412,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post
Not all blacks experience such a thing.
When 24 out of 25 African American NYPD off-duty cops in a survey say they have been profiled, I think its safe to say that almost every Black person in this country experiences such a thing. These are cops. They should know how to avoid suspicion. Half are retired. We're not talking about young kids here.

Off duty, black cops in New York feel threat from fellow police | Reuters

Old 03-09-2015, 03:32 AM

268 posts, read 344,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Justice report finds systematic discrimination against African-Americans in Ferguson - CNN.com

What a frivolous report. Trying to find anything just to nitpick with Ferguson PD to appease all of the protesting interests of people who know not what they are even protesting about. Or who are just ignorantly and falsely protesting.

1. Accusing the police department of racist emails. One, a joking email from 2011, and the other a joking email from 2008. Two emails sent years ago by certain individuals who do not represent the department as a whole. I mean you could search emails for every police department (politicians, businesses etc) in the entire nation, and find emails pertaining to racial humor. And this goes for both sides of the aisle. Both races make fun of each other. Ever watch BET? Apollo? Very racist humor against white people! But of course there is always a white person laughing in the audience. Point is, let's not start a civil rights war over joking emails. And, it's quite ridiculous that they searched thousands upon thousands of emails for who knows how many years but only for them to come up with these two. That's a very good email record if you ask me.

2. Targeting African-Americans? Race or skin color has nothing to do with this. This issue only comes to life from all of the wolf-crying blood-hounding publicity seeking morons who always protest just because of skin color. Its not the color of skin that is being targeted! It's the culture. And the Ferguson PD is policing a very insolent and disrespectful culture. That primarily happens to be African-American. If a white person is stopped, but is cordially with the police, than the police is and will always be cordially back. But if and when a person who upholds this culture are stopped for anything whatsoever, than they always give their disdainful attitudes. Something which only provokes any law enforcement agency to aggressively target, fine, imprison, and use forceful means against them. So the Justice Department's findings and numbers for African-Americans being targeted and even treated unfairly does not factor in the reality of the culture in which the Ferguson PD is policing.

why the heck you issuing 16,000 arrest warrents for trifling bs? ST LOUIS IS THE ONLY CITY I HAVE LIVED IN WHERE THE COPS ARE SUCH A ANNOYING PROBLEM WITH THE BS TICKETING CRAP.i have lived in 8 major cities and never saw the crap you see in stl county

Old 03-09-2015, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I don't think it's easy being a cop. Perhaps more community leaders could do ride-alongside, not just during the day either. Try some graveyard shifts as well.

I hope they can get a diverse police force but it's the citizens that want to apply. The salary and job duties certainly aren't as glamorous as the adulation one may get in the sports and music fields.

sorry that does not give you a excuse to screw folks over.i am tired of these poorly educated lying goons that are flooding these police depts.a bunch of them are nothing but lying thugs themselves

Old 03-09-2015, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edshaw4947927 View Post
There is a cultural disconnect. Nearly to a person, the idea of bum rushing an
armed officer and grabbing his gun, even not grabbing the gun, to middle class
Americans is preposterous. Beyond normal imagination.

To make this Mike Brown incident the center of discussion of police profiling,
city hiring practices, and the like is equally absurd. Hello. Not all whites are
racist and not all blacks are nuts. Why don't we just concentrate on the positive.
All the Michael Brown is not going anywhere. There will always be Big Mikes.

Wait. Let me get a handle on this. Al Sharpton is going to lead us in a discussion
of race relations. Exhibit A will be this 6'4'' 230 pound tackle, body slamming an
officer into his car and grabbing his gun. Now, isn't this a wonderful note on which
to start the discussion.

you believe that lie darren wilson told, his momma was a lying felon and he is a liar too. he escalated some routine stuff into murder,and did anyone think those white st.louis FBI guys would do the right thing? .also any cop who is truthful knows that no kid who had never been in trouble going to wait until he is 18 yrs old then turn into a violent person.i grew up in the inner city of baltimore and everybody knows by age 14 who the problem kids are for a 2 mile radius.no inner city kid who graduates from high school and enrolls in trade school or college is jumping on the cops that is BS,and the lil indian in the store had zero business putting his hands on mike brown. most folks i know would have shoved him too.i would have.then those weak suckers would not tell the truth about what really happened in that store.

also first sign of a racist is mention al sharpton ,jesse jackson or obama ina story which they are not the subject

Old 03-09-2015, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Um... What?

Do two race related jokes sent years ago by two employees really reflect the whole department? If you're Al Sharpton then they sure do. Does one comedian who slanders white people on BET, does he reflect the entire network? No. What world are you living in if you haven't ever seen a race related joke, esp one sent via email. I'm not condoning racism, but, we've all seen them.

Disrespectful? Yes. Though I meant to type disregardful. But it's the culture that is very disrespectful, and sadly, that does clarify African-Americans. For instance the jaywalking, 94% or whatever of blacks being fine for jaywalking does not give me the notion that these people were fined for just jaywalking, or, for just being black. Instead it gives me the notion that they were fined because of their insolent attitudes that they probably gave to the officer upon approach. If only statistics could document and record insolence. So I shall emphasize again, that the statistics against the Ferguson PD are not a portrayal of racism, but instead they are a reflection of an aggressive combating against a culture. Whether black or white.

oh please darren wilson was at racist jennings pd .he is a POS and showed it on that interview.how come he did not get rehired by jennings PD ? you know why ,they did not want him back.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post
Not all blacks experience such a thing.

bull get real most white folks are racist.how many black friends do you have? .do you have any black folks that you will pick up the phone call them at home saying" hey joe how are doing".

Old 03-09-2015, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I was in the Army for two years and worked in a factory for four. At least half of the people I worked around were black. They were every bit as racist if not more than the white people.

i worked with a bunch of ex army whites in iraq. that was one of the two most racist groups of whites i have been around,the other group=st louis white folks. your co-workers they were not racist they just did not trust white folks because of the racial bs a ton of whites still practice. i trust no white folks 100% percent it would be grave mistake to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis