Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2008, 10:22 PM

2 posts, read 8,521 times

Advertisements

So...my work let me know today that they are relocating me. It's a position which will require travel between 10 of our stores so they said the most centralized is somewhere near south county mall....
Now, I don't know ANYTHING about st louis...but here's some info about me.
I'm 31, single/never-married...looking for a place to rent (for now) that's nice. Not around too much college partying...preferably young professional. (am I still young at 31?)...
Just trying to stay away from any place that would be considered "shady"...so any recommendations are welcome. I'd prefer townhouse-ish over apartment...but rent is always taken into consideration.
Help me out!
Thanks
-Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 09:05 PM

2 posts, read 8,521 times
ok, so...the more I look, the more I like the tower grove area...any thoughts?
-LKF

Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 PM

2 posts, read 7,020 times
I think for a young single professional the Tower Grove/ Lafayette Square area is great. I would avoid South County....it's very family oriented and not very much fun for a single person.

Also, Clayton would be great if you can afford the high rent!!

Good Luck.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:20 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,829,880 times
How much can you spend on rent? That would help us help you. South County's nice, but I doubt it would be much fun for a young, single person. If you're looking to meet people, the city may meet your needs more, but rent is often more in the city, and it depends on your commute I'm sure.

The Tower Grove area sounds great as well.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:55 AM
TGS

360 posts, read 1,721,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
How much can you spend on rent? That would help us help you. South County's nice, but I doubt it would be much fun for a young, single person. If you're looking to meet people, the city may meet your needs more, but rent is often more in the city, and it depends on your commute I'm sure.

The Tower Grove area sounds great as well.
I disagree that the city is more expensive. Unless you are looking at a loft downtown, or a penthouse in the Central West End, the city is downright cheap. The Tower Grove area is particularly inexpensive.

The OP should also check out Soulard/Lafayette Square, which would be very convenient since it it located right next to I-70, I-44, and I-55. The St. Louis Hills area also has some gorgeous art deco apartment buildings.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:52 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,829,880 times
Goodpoint. I was only thinking of some of the lofts going in, I guess. Soulard and Lafayette are beautiful areas.

Pictures Urban St. Louis - View Forum - Photography - Showcase St. Louis (http://urbanstl.com/viewforum.php?f=24 - broken link)

Old 01-23-2008, 01:54 AM

13 posts, read 49,385 times
I can give a strong recommendation for the Village Royale Appartments on Tesson Ferry Road, VERY close to South County Mall. Quiet community with good (reputable) managers and GREAT maintenance crew, close to grocery (Dierbergs, Shop & Save, PetSmart and Schnucks, PLUS Sams and Costco)...

The only down-side is that, no matter how you slice it, the singles night life is to the north in lafayette square and beyond.

I guess it's up to you - do you want to commute for Work, or do you want to commute for Play?

WW

Old 01-26-2008, 04:48 PM

17 posts, read 53,857 times
Hi, I'm a realtor in the South county area. St. Louis is a great city. Luckily you should be able to find a property to rent in South with no worries of College Students. It's a really nice area to live in. Youll find that in south county there are a lot of young, professional families, middle aged families, and older retired people but the college students reside closer to the city. I would love the opportunity to help you find a place here in St. Louis if you are looking to rent. If not I can point you in the right direction as to great apartments, condos, and townhomes in the area. I want to be the first to say WELcome to STL. (Besides I know how the move here can be, I just moved here in 2006 from Alabama, the civilized part, lol). Hope I can be of assistance. If nothing else you can already have a friend when you get here, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisakfish View Post
So...my work let me know today that they are relocating me. It's a position which will require travel between 10 of our stores so they said the most centralized is somewhere near south county mall....
Now, I don't know ANYTHING about st louis...but here's some info about me.
I'm 31, single/never-married...looking for a place to rent (for now) that's nice. Not around too much college partying...preferably young professional. (am I still young at 31?)...
Just trying to stay away from any place that would be considered "shady"...so any recommendations are welcome. I'd prefer townhouse-ish over apartment...but rent is always taken into consideration.
Help me out!
Thanks
-Lisa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis