Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:49 AM

2 posts, read 33,790 times

Advertisements

I am in Saint Louis now looking for an apartment to move into before SLU starts. Yesterday I have seen over 10 apartments but I am yet to have a decision. Most of them are really old and only covered the ugliness of the apartment with thick white paint.

I kind of like the interior of the "West End City Apartments". But I have heard bad stories of their management, street safty, hot water, A/C and heating, elevator issues over the internet. It just seems too much of a hassle to live there.

The West Pine Terrace seems OK, but I couldn't find any reviews for that apartments. Kitchen is a bit old.

The Parkway is cheap but very OLD... building build on 1920. cupboards etc seems like was there since 1920 covered with thick paint.

Is there any more decent, perhaps newer apartments available? What I am looking for is a hassle free apartment in a safer neighborhood that I can just move in, pay rent, live, and go to school. I am at a price range of 600-900. Studio, 1 bedroom etc, what ever suits. Located around SLU. I have looked largely around CWE yesterday. With easy access of transport to SLU.

Please, Recommend me if you're living in a nice apartment!!!! If you are SLU student, HELP Me Please. I must made decision today, since I couldn't live in my hotel for long! Its $105 per night!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 09:13 AM
TGS

360 posts, read 1,721,604 times
Stop everything you are doing and look at http://www.frontdoorstl.com/

This company has great management. The best apartments for you are probably going to be at the Coronado Apartments, which are right on the SLU Campus.
Coronado Place | FrontDoor, LLC

Right next door are the Moolah apartments,
Moolah Place | FrontDoor, LLC

Next door are other apartment buildings.
Select by Location - Midtown | FrontDoor, LLC

All of the apartments are in old buildings, but none are outdated. Most are renovations within the last few years. If they don't have anything available in the Midtown buildings on the main SLU Campus, then they also have apartments in other parts of town on the bus lines. The have a ton of apartments next to SLU's medical campus down Grand, also. Their apartments in the Loop, Skinker-D, Soulard are all good areas, but be wary of their apartments in "The Grove." It is a developing area right now that probably needs a few more years before it is really safe.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 33,790 times
I have called them and they have only the Lindell East/West available now which cost $1050. Thats a bit too much for me.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:37 AM
TGS

360 posts, read 1,721,604 times
Are their apartments off of the SLU campus full also? Wow.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:13 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,618,797 times
What about this place?
Newly Renovated and Gorgeous (broken link)
It looks fantastic and the area should be fine. You'll have easy access to the metrolink and plenty of buses as well.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:43 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,827,879 times
Majestic Stove Lofts :: Features Those lofts (according to Google Maps) should be about a mile-and-a-half from the intersection of Grand and Lindell (by SLU). You'll probably need to find out where the Metro stops near there. I'm not sure what the neighborhood is like. It's on Delmar Blvd.
According to the site:
Quote:
Loft rentals are from 861– 1684 sq. ft. and range from $538 – $1320.00 per month.
There's contact numbers on the site, so you could ask them if they have any of the $538 lofts, or similar, left. It looks really neat according to the site.

Downtown West Lofts - Locust Central Business District, St. Louis these lofts should be about as far as the Majestic Stove Lofts. Some don't have websites, listed, though, as the website is a bit outdated. But it should give you idea. You can type the adress into Google Maps to find out how far it is from SLU. Urban St. Louis - Index (http://urbanstl.com/index.php - broken link) there's usually threads about loft developments, so you can get other people's opinions and updated info.

The 2200 and 2100 adresses are closer to SLU than the 1900 adresses (As in 2323 Locust Street is closer than 1900 Locust Street).

George E. Walsh :: 2615 Washington Avenue - St. Louis Lofts That building is supposed to be done by now, but I can't find a website for it. If it is done, it's supposed to be rental.

Metro There should be a map there so you can find out if/when the MetroLink or Bus stops by SLU and wherever you choose to live.
MetroBus Maps and Routes (http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroBus/MapsRoutes.asp - broken link) Bus route
MetroLink Timetables and Stop Cards (http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroLink/MLtimetables.asp - broken link) MetroLink route

Central West End Lofts, St. Louis Metrolofts and Lofts @ the highlands are both leasing, but they're over $1000 for an apartment (according to that site). Metrolofts will be about 2 miles and I think the Highlands one is more like 3-4 miles.

The Terrace Lofts - Home Page Should be about 2.5 miles from SLU. According to stlouislofts.com, apartments start as low as $450/month. Terrace Lofts :: 1300 Convention Plaza - St. Louis Lofts

Roberts Lofts on the Plaza :: 911 Locust Street - St. Louis Lofts those look nice, but a bit pricey. They're just over 2 miles from SLU.

St. Louis Loftworks - Bell Lofts The Bell Lofts will be about 2 miles also. Apparently it has rental space available, but no prices listed. It may be more pricey.

St. Louis Loftworks - Ludwig Lofts
Quote:
One Bedroom $815 - $1,055
Cupples Station Loft Apartments should be about 2.5-3 miles
Quote:
1 Bedroom/1 Bathroom Lofts (Affordable) $563 - $687 $200 deposit 1 1 614 - 868
It's about a block from Busch Stadium.

I think I'd choose the Cupples lofts if I could find a MetroLink station nearby. I'm a bit baseball fan, though, so it would be nice to live so close to Busch, and the apartments seem pretty affordable.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:20 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,926,489 times
I would take a good look at Washington Ave Downtown. Its very close to SLU and has lots of apartment with a lot of character.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:54 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,618,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
I think I'd choose the Cupples lofts if I could find a MetroLink station nearby. I'm a bit baseball fan, though, so it would be nice to live so close to Busch, and the apartments seem pretty affordable.
They're really nice and the metro is right there, but that neighborhood is still pretty dead at night. I stayed at the Westin right there and the streets are pretty well empty by 8 p.m.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:28 AM

634 posts, read 2,348,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
What about this place?
Newly Renovated and Gorgeous (broken link)
It looks fantastic and the area should be fine. You'll have easy access to the metrolink and plenty of buses as well.

We live about 3 blocks from this place (between Skinker & Des Peres on Pershing) and like the area very much. It's an older area, but for the most part it's quiet and doesn't have much crime. A few car break-ins here and there, but you'll get that anywhere in this area. The Metrolink is at Skinker & Forest Park, and can get you to the SLU campus in about 10 minutes. You can walk to the Delmar Loop area or catch the train to CWE, Clayton, or downtown pretty easily.

Best of luck!

Old 08-31-2008, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 41,743 times
Check out PW Shoe Lofts.
pwshoeloftapartments.com

This is going to be a really nice place and it's one block from the SLU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis