Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 10:06 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,621,189 times

Advertisements

I was watching the news tonight about that guy that got chomped on by a copperhead and ended up with a 56,000 dollar hospital bill. It seemed that these snake bites have been making the news a lot around here so I checked on the internet and found that there has been a huge increase in bites. The last time I saw a snake was about 12 years ago, it was a cottonmouth heading down to a creek bed. That is one bad azz snake, check out " Cottonmouth vs. Rattlesnake " on youtube, rattlesnake never had a chance. I found this; story from channel 2 earlier this year about the increase in snake bites;

Snake bites in Missouri up sharply in 2015 | FOX2now.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 03:57 PM

684 posts, read 790,823 times
Twelve years without seeing a snake? That's amazing. I once stepped on a snake, with bare feet; it was at night.

I wish I could go twelve years without seeing a snake. I'm not a snake guy.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Twelve years without seeing a snake? That's amazing. I once stepped on a snake, with bare feet; it was at night.

I wish I could go twelve years without seeing a snake. I'm not a snake guy.
I think it's because I live near the city, not too many snakes around here because they're afraid of the rats. The rats are as big as cats around here.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:53 PM

1,664 posts, read 1,915,057 times
I'm not in Missouri but, this thread caught my eye. I'm in TN and have seen rattlers, cottonmouth and copperheads on my road.

For those who might not be aware, a viper snake can still bite after its head has been chopped off. I don't know how long it takes for the nerves to die but, for a time, the head can still bite and I believe inject venom.

This video of a decapitated copperhead is so gross, you can't turn away, lol

Decapitated copperhead snake's head bites itself - video | World news | The Guardian

Old 07-15-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
I'm not in Missouri but, this thread caught my eye. I'm in TN and have seen rattlers, cottonmouth and copperheads on my road.

For those who might not be aware, a viper snake can still bite after its head has been chopped off. I don't know how long it takes for the nerves to die but, for a time, the head can still bite and I believe inject venom.

This video of a decapitated copperhead is so gross, you can't turn away, lol

Decapitated copperhead snake's head bites itself - video | World news | The Guardian
The decapitated head bit it's own body because it thought it was being attacked. That's some killer instinct. ha ha

Old 07-15-2015, 05:04 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Saw/killed a copperhead in the Ozarks Memorial Day weekend.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:12 PM

There was a video awhile back where a guy was playing with the decapitated head of copperhead, and got bit. Then he was taken to the hospital.

Survivalists always teach that when disposing of a poisonous snake's head, you should always bury it. Because someone coming across and stepping upon it can be very dangerous.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
There was a video awhile back where a guy was playing with the decapitated head of copperhead, and got bit. Then he was taken to the hospital.

Survivalists always teach that when disposing of a poisonous snake's head, you should always bury it. Because someone coming across and stepping upon it can be very dangerous.
Have you ever seen that video on Youtube called " Redneck Rattlesnake Roundup? "
About a dozen guys with rifles and shotguns remove 33 rattlesnakes from under some guy's house in Texas. How can someone live peaceful in a house hearing that rattle under the floor knowing those things are under there? They were blasting the hell out of them with their guns and throwing the bodies in a pile.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:34 PM

LOL I just watched parts of it. Just another typical family gathering in Texas I guess.

Reading some of those comments (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eIAfjPFP0A ) a lot of people are mad at what they did. But I guess if you live in Texas, that's one way of extermination. I don't blame them.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
LOL I just watched parts of it. Just another typical family gathering in Texas I guess.

Reading some of those comments (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eIAfjPFP0A ) a lot of people are mad at what they did. But I guess if you live in Texas, that's one way of extermination. I don't blame them.
Thanks for posting that, I always have trouble posting Youtube videos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis