Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2015, 03:32 PM

5 posts, read 9,797 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced online grocery ordering and delivery programs available in the St Louis Area?

My wife and I just moved here from Southern California and we're used to using Amazon Fresh or Vons Delivery for ordering our groceries but I can't find any similar programs for St Louis.

A few things about us:
1. We don't own a car because, for the most part, we use public transportation for our daily commutes.
2. We don't mind using a few services in conjunction with one another as long as they cover our needs (produce, meat, dairy and dry goods)
3. We'd like to use services that are comparable to grocery store prices (although I don't object to a modest delivery fee)

I appreciate any guidance that the community can offer.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 03:50 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,573,173 times
Schnucks had a service (Schnucks Express Connection), but apparently they are no longer accepting new members, so I guess it didn't go very well. You can order dry goods on Amazon and other places for delivery. I don't know about fresh foods, aside from walking to a store, using car sharing like WeCar, or waiting for Amazon Fresh to expand to here.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:22 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,225,290 times
I use Whole Foods which is a tad expensive but I only order about once every three to four months. then, when I do, I am ordering enough to store on shelf and in freezer. So, the large amount I order pays for the extra delivery charge.

Dierberg's has/had a delivery service. I do not know if they still have but you could ask. It isn't Dierberg's themselves who are delivering but a company that does it for them.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:01 AM

395 posts, read 647,336 times
Green Bean is a local company that delivers from local farmers - Will not cover all of your needs - but most of them - Also probably about as sustainable as it gets

Green BEAN Delivery - Organic + Natural Groceries Delivered

Old 09-11-2015, 10:47 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,055,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Trafford View Post
Green Bean is a local company that delivers from local farmers - Will not cover all of your needs - but most of them - Also probably about as sustainable as it gets

Green BEAN Delivery - Organic + Natural Groceries Delivered
We use Green Bean too. Excellent delivery service. Definitely not the cheapest, but dedicated to supporting local MO/IL farmers and businesses.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:59 PM

488 posts, read 850,715 times
A third for Green Bean Delivery. Definitely higher than the grocery store, but if you want to pay for the convenience, their service is excellent. I used them until my budget couldn't take it anymore. I had zero complaints while using them.

Delivery is included in their prices.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:36 PM

132 posts, read 387,548 times
I'm another user (and fan) of Green Bean. It's especially great for organic and raw items. If you don't care if your stuff is organic or not, then it might not be worth the cost of service to you. Every week, you select what you want from their website, and they deliver your order in a large bin to your house a few days later.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:43 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,734,146 times
Postmates recently launched in St. Louis. It looks like they're delivering Trader Joe's and Dierberg's at the moment, as well as items from their own "general store."

https://postmates.com/st-louis

Old 09-20-2015, 02:42 PM

164 posts, read 375,372 times
Another Green Bean supporter. Very flexible in terms of items and frequency, reliable, and covers the entire metro area. It's actually headquartered elsewhere, but they have a division here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: