Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 10:05 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,192,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
I like IMOs, but I think it is an acquired taste.
I used to live in Stl. It seems that there is a love/hate relationship with IMOs. While some people absolutely love that pizza, others absolutely hate it. There really does not seem to be any middle-ground. I, for one, absolutely hate IMOs pizza (and believe me, I got berated by many St. Louisians for saying that). In my opinion, if you have to acquire the taste for the pizza, then that's probably a sign that the pizza is not that good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 10:05 AM

522 posts, read 1,605,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenciti View Post
Where you talking about Talayna's Pizza in St. Charles and St. Peters ? I really like their brick oven pizza, it has been the best that I have had since moving to the STL area.
I loved that one also but it wasn't in St. Charles when I lived there. I can't remember really but I think it was either in U City or southwest city area.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:43 AM

50 posts, read 151,136 times
Il Vicino in Clayton at the corner of Central and Maryland. Authentic Italian woodoven pizza. Plus Schalfly on tap!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:15 AM

321 posts, read 999,590 times
Actually, if you mention Schlafly's, their pizza at their Maplewood restaurant is pretty good too. Plus it is just a cool place to visit. Hey, you know THEY will have Schlafly on tap!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:08 PM

8 posts, read 26,095 times
Default I posted earlier

but forgot to include Faraci's. Its a tiny joint in Ferguson, but it makes some seriously delicious pie. Call in an order and pick up a pizza to go if you know you'll be in the area (near 170 and S. Florissant)

And people have a right to their opinion, but I just can't understand the Imo's obsession. You may like it (I do) but there's no way its even close to being the best pizza in St. Louis--it's the Domino's of STL style: quickly made, mass produced pizza with relatively cheap ingredients. Good for what it is, but definitely not the best.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:52 PM

32 posts, read 78,168 times
Default ferreros, THE HILL, Ami's

"amis" in rock hill is GREAT and very affordable
Ferreros in soulard is great also and not a chain either
And of course, THE HILL... every restaurant I went to there so far was great and very authentic.. I am from europe myself and have been to Italy many times before so I know what "real" pizza tastes like... it's the closest taste to italy I found so far

Old 05-20-2009, 09:49 AM

1,869 posts, read 5,783,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpyv2 View Post
Best pizza I've had in STL (in no real order, I like them all):
- Dewey's
- Pi
- La Pizza
- Racanelli's

I've heard The Good Pie is delicious but I haven't tried it yet
That's a solid list. You'd also likely like A'mis a little strip mall looking place in Rock Hill. Get the Manhattan. And, you'd likely also like Feraro's in the Soulard, if you haven't tried either of those.

La Pizza hasn't been topped for me personally yet, and time with the Paulie's is always an added plus.

There are some solid choices around if you look for them.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:05 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,036,364 times
What do people think about Panteras in Maplewood? I am a Dewey's/Racanellis guy myself, but someone told me I really ought to check out Panteras.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:19 PM

50 posts, read 151,136 times
I have not been to a Panteras for at least 20 years. It used to be a local chain but I thought it went out of business. Is this the same thing? I remember the pizza as similar to Pizza Hut Pan Pizza.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:29 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,504,327 times
I didn't know there was a Pantera's in Maplewood -- I know there is definitely one in Ferguson and there may still be one in Hazelwood -- I haven't been to that one in years so I'm not certain.

I assume it's the same as the one in Maplewood.

Their pan is delicious, but I'm not exactly a pizza connoisseur or anything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis