Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 06:20 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,204 times

Advertisements

If you come to with the kids do it in the spring/summer and see a Cardinals game. Then make sure to take them to the City Museum. It's a can't miss spot that your kids will love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 04:03 AM

13 posts, read 33,461 times
I feel happy when I read this thread.
I've just been admitted to graduate studies @WUSTL but my friends advised me to go to other schools because they said St. Louis is not safe.
Can you guys here tell me some information about safety on WUSTL's campus?

Old 02-09-2008, 09:01 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Hey ya mj! Any particular parts stand out that ya'd care to share? Good eats, interesting sights, quirky happenings, pretty scenes, etc.?

So glad ya enjoyed StL - it has its negatives, but overall neat area and a fairly cool place to be.

Shadow, I didn't do much, I did go eat at The Amercian Place on Washington (think that's the name) It was excellent! Also ate at a couple other places that were very good. I went to the old cathedral for mass. I wanted to visit some other places but did not have time. A few of my co-workers went to the city museum and had a great time!!! OH - I went to the Galleria mall to of course LOL LOVED it!!

I took a visitors booklet home with me to look through for when me and the family come back.

NWV - Next time, I will try to contact you earlier so we can meet

Old 02-09-2008, 09:52 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
YES....please, please..mjb....love to have such a great reason to drive in to St. Louis. Anytime is good for me.

heavyrain.....I worked at WashU for many years, many years ago! You will love it there. Fellow students and profs will be more than happy to give you any guidance you may need. So much to do and see in the area. Right next to the best park in the U.S.A.: Forest Park. Walking and biking trails. I could go on and on, but..... Enjoy your time there and please come back here and keep us posted. Please. And good luck to y'all.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:04 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,801,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyrain2408 View Post
I feel happy when I read this thread.
I've just been admitted to graduate studies @WUSTL but my friends advised me to go to other schools because they said St. Louis is not safe.
Can you guys here tell me some information about safety on WUSTL's campus?
Wash U. is safe and in a safe area. Visit the school and decide for yourself and ask around and get out and about. The campus is Harvard like in appearance in some regards. It's a top ten undergrad academic school, and in a city with more to do than many other locations of some top academic institutions. It's also steps from Forest Park, the largest urban park in the United States. Your friends are not correct. Sure St. Louis, like any major metro area will have crime, and St. Louis gets its share, but it isn't near Wash U. and is highly concentrated to an area(s) where you'd never need to spend your time.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:20 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,823,233 times
Washington University is safe I believe. In St. Louis, just stay out of areas you're unfamiliar with, especially if they look rundown. From what I understand, the majority of the crime is in North and East St. Louis, which you'll probably not have to go much into.

Plus Washington University is close to Forest Park, which is a lot of fun. Housing in general is affordable as well. The zoo is free and there are various museums as well, most cheap or free. And outside the city is Six Flags. Washington University is an excellent school. It's very hard to get into, so congrats on getting in!

St. Louis is just fine.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:24 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
It's very hard to get into, so congrats on getting in!
True that! I absolutely adore Wash U's campus. It's so idyllic; exactly what you think a campus should look like.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:41 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,823,233 times

Washington University in St. Louis

Old 02-09-2008, 07:25 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
YES....please, please..mjb....love to have such a great reason to drive in to St. Louis. Anytime is good for me.

heavyrain.....I worked at WashU for many years, many years ago! You will love it there. Fellow students and profs will be more than happy to give you any guidance you may need. So much to do and see in the area. Right next to the best park in the U.S.A.: Forest Park. Walking and biking trails. I could go on and on, but..... Enjoy your time there and please come back here and keep us posted. Please. And good luck to y'all.
I went to school @ WashU, I always felt safe, what a great school! I will never regret my education there.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:27 PM

13 posts, read 33,461 times
Thank all of you for your very helpful info.
I also look some photos on flickr.com and love the appearance of washU's campus much.
I will have a visit to washU in the end of this month It is a short visit but I hope I will be able to go to Forest Park.
I'll post my feeling about the trip after that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis