Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:40 AM

287 posts, read 350,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhole9 View Post
St. Louis residents wake up Racism is still very present in this City, State and Country and people better wake up! African Americans are tired of being treated as second class citizens. It is sad that it had to come to this but blacks are tired of being treated as slaves.

Blacks are tired of whites philosophy "if you are not white you ain't right mentality." Kirkwood is a very prejudice place as is Chesterfield, Town & Country, Ladue and all of South County. Most whites in these area mask or try to hide their prejudice but it exists.

I feel sorry for all the families but this is not the end you will see more of these shootings happening until blacks are treated as equals.
This guy was an idiot. He was booted out of earlier city council meetings for screaming "jackass" at the top of his lungs repeatedly, just trying to cause a stir.

Shutup with your race card crap. Anyone with brains is not listening. He was being "harassed" because he ran an unlicensed business and treated his home as a business, parking his vehicles on the streets. Learn the facts before running your mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 09:48 AM

205 posts, read 532,262 times
I don't care if he was or wasn't harassed. Nothing gives anybody the right to kill 5 innocent people with the intent to kill more.
Sounds like the world is better off without him.

And don't even get me started on this racist crap. Why do you think was he being treated like a slave? It sounds like from what I've read he was just a trouble maker.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:41 AM

8 posts, read 32,527 times
This guy Thornton, I gather from the comments on here that the fool was black???? He sure showed them didnt he. Now he's on a coroner's table. Dawhole 9, you sound like a confrontational idiot. And your comment sounds like some threat. There will be more shootings????? And, while I'm at it, where is that buffoon Al Sharpton??? Or wasn't this newsworthy???

Old 02-08-2008, 11:52 AM

275 posts, read 1,124,527 times
That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Murdering people is not the way to resolve issues. This man had multiple chances to have his case heard. You need to do more research before hurling threats and calling people rascist. He didn't follow the laws of his community. We are a society of laws - this has nothing to do with rascism. Martin Luther King is probably turning over in his grave over comments like this. This is sick and inflammatory. Five people are making funeral arrangements today, and you try to justify THAT??? Sick, just sick. When did the punishment for issuing parking tickets become death? When did that become justifiable? Disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhole9 View Post
St. Louis residents wake up Racism is still very present in this City, State and Country and people better wake up! African Americans are tired of being treated as second class citizens. It is sad that it had to come to this but blacks are tired of being treated as slaves.

Blacks are tired of whites philosophy "if you are not white you ain't right mentality." Kirkwood is a very prejudice place as is Chesterfield, Town & Country, Ladue and all of South County. Most whites in these area mask or try to hide their prejudice but it exists.

I feel sorry for all the families but this is not the end you will see more of these shootings happening until blacks are treated as equals.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:54 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,279 times
Angry Okay...Enough Of This Stupidity

First of all, a pause for 'racial identification'...I'm black and 50-something from SW Ohio...

That having been said, anyone who thinks that this violent idiot is some kind of hero, martyr, role model or 'slave' (you're kidding, right?) should submit themselves for immediate examination of their mental health...

Folks, he is (or should I say was) a dumb***, and now he's the best kind of dumb***---a dead one.

He could very well have solved this situation by coming to some kind of compromise with local officials, or relocating his business to a place where zoning laws are different and allow a business owner to park vehicles used for that business in front of or on his property...

But no, he decides, like so many others both black and white, that the best way to solve the problem is to go get a gun and ventilate a bunch of folks, which leaves the other folks dead, their families shattered, and as another gentleman said above, you lying on a coroner's table...it's kinda hard to prove a point or solve a problem, or be some kind of drugstore thug, when you're dead...and it makes you look REALLLLL stupid, to boot...

Old 02-08-2008, 12:12 PM

32 posts, read 641,861 times
Well said Captaincatfish...yet another pointless tragedy.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:14 PM

8 posts, read 32,527 times
Just found the article on CNN. I was right. Al, oh Al??? Why aren't you on the scene????? If its black killing white,,,it's ok. Had it been the reverse, we would see that buffoon splattered all over the screen. And thanks for the comments CaptCatfish. Had this buffoon had your sensible attitude, all these people would still be alive. I'm sure you're not impressed with ole Al either

Old 02-08-2008, 01:53 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,855,577 times
It is going to take a LOT more people like Captain Catfish to make a difference. Others before him have tried and still keep on trying all the while getting dissed (Bill Cosby). What these others don't get is they are only hurting themselves. What is so great about that? As said before by killing yourself by trying to "prove a point" or "end a war" HOW DID IT CHANGE IT!!! The laws are the laws and I bet it was his own neighbors of the same race that complained about his violating city code. The city did what was right for the citizens of the ENTIRE city as a WHOLE!!! Twisted that if a city lets an area that is predominately black go down and not enforce codes they are put down that they don't care. Then when they try to do something about it this is what happens. Sad, very sad. Thing is this nut jobs brother sounds just like him. I'd be keeping a close eye on him and if he makes any threats they need to do something about him before he goes off. People like that don't need to be left to do harm to innocent people.

-----------------------------

As for the poster making threats. Folks, if any of you live in that area I'd recommend calling the police. They can then get someone w/ City-Data to turn over any info they have on the individual when they registered and can trace the IP # used from that posting. People that make threats like that should NOT be allowed to roam free.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:19 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,569,084 times
I posted this thread due to the senselessness of the whole situation. Now I find that some of the posts here are as equally senseless. Mr. Thornton was known by many and just in the recent years has/had he shown such a negative side to his behaviours. This was not a racial issue. It was a very disturbed individual who felt mistreated and reacted in a violent and tragic manner.

He even left a suicide note at home. Now we have many families and friends suffering for his terrible act. He is not a martyr nor someone to admire. I have close friends that are in the law enforcement field and acts such as this affects many. Please, let's keep this civilized, okay?

Old 02-08-2008, 03:36 PM

148 posts, read 503,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Now I find that some of the posts here are as equally senseless.
I have to agree with you.
I'm not going to point fingers here, but it shows that some people in this forum are racist, prejudice, etc.

Notice the question that I asked before:
"Anybody knows what actually happened with this guy before that made him do what he did?"

Because I/we don't know the exact reason why he went and did this.
But then some people's prejudice/racism comes out and start saying all kind of stupid comments without even knowing what happened before this incident.

Was it because of racism? Maybe
Was it because of discrimination? Maybe
Was it a revenge from something really bad that was done to him? Maybe

Do we know that? ... NO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis