Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 10:36 PM

159 posts, read 204,539 times

Advertisements

I haven't decided to move to to STL yet, but I'll add my own annoying thing nonetheless... This is the most dramatic sub forum I've been participating on as I try to research things out for multiple possible locations we're trying to decide on. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate info still, I just hope the behavior is mostly isolated to the interwebs

There's a very distinct booster/trasher feud going on, and it leaves the middle ground (which is certainly where the truth of things lies) hard to pick out sometimes lol

Old 09-05-2016, 11:35 PM

266 posts, read 464,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx233 View Post
I haven't decided to move to to STL yet, but I'll add my own annoying thing nonetheless... This is the most dramatic sub forum I've been participating on as I try to research things out for multiple possible locations we're trying to decide on. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate info still, I just hope the behavior is mostly isolated to the interwebs

There's a very distinct booster/trasher feud going on, and it leaves the middle ground (which is certainly where the truth of things lies) hard to pick out sometimes lol
The behavior you see on this board is how the natives act in real life. They are very close minded, overly aggressive, overly defensive and deny St. Louis issues such as the hostile racial climate and segregation along with the lame social scene. They overrate the city and only socialize with those they went to highschool with. You will make acquaintances but good luck with forming a close circle. People are extremely cliquey here and unwelcoming. Many hang with the same people from their elementary days even, and just aren't open to new people and experiences. Many things are stagnant in this city, and it will continue to decline until the separate, mean, close minded culture changes. This is not a good city for transplants.

Last edited by MeetMeinSTL; 09-05-2016 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: Add

Old 09-06-2016, 06:12 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,600,418 times
Quote:

Agreed. For some reason there are a few really aggressive trolls in this forum. I'm not sure why people feel the need to spend all day F5ing the forum of a city they profess not to care for, but I guess some people have more free time than I do.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:15 AM

1,869 posts, read 5,802,075 times
Quote:

On this forum it helps to look for two things:

1) quantity of posts from the poster. This weeds out one post or handful of post trolls often.
2) Does the original poster come back again and again and re-engage the topic or do they just post once and leave the thread?
3).Balance. All places have pros and cons. Can and do people see both/all sides when posting? Are they open minded or just venting. Much of the Internet can be a negative venting place. It not all. The forum and Internet itself is just a vehicle...it all depends on how you drive.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:17 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,013,818 times
Now we are overly aggressive. Usually us locals are called lazy and slothful.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:22 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,858,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topospace View Post
Awwwww...did someone show that the little baby was wrong
You need to grow up. You're just smarting from the fact that I utterly schooled you. So your only defense now is to hurl insults and mock me. Pathetic.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:35 AM

10,019 posts, read 8,627,751 times
These threads are kind of entertaining, I see them in other city forums too.
Someone, usually a former resident, starts trashing a city and hopes to get a response from the natives.
Kind of reminds me of a guy poking a yellow jacket nest with a stick until they come out and swarm all over him stinging him repeatedly until he goes away for a while.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:33 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,600,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Now we are overly aggressive. Usually us locals are called lazy and slothful.
Sounds like the internet to me!

Old 09-06-2016, 03:20 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,004,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetMeinSTL View Post
The behavior you see on this board is how the natives act in real life. They are very close minded, overly aggressive, overly defensive and deny St. Louis issues such as the hostile racial climate and segregation along with the lame social scene. They overrate the city and only socialize with those they went to highschool with. You will make acquaintances but good luck with forming a close circle. People are extremely cliquey here and unwelcoming. Many hang with the same people from their elementary days even, and just aren't open to new people and experiences. Many things are stagnant in this city, and it will continue to decline until the separate, mean, close minded culture changes. This is not a good city for transplants.
I said the same thing, years ago. The truth hurts, or at least wads up a lot of knickers.

Old 09-06-2016, 04:16 PM

685 posts, read 767,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Agreed. For some reason there are a few really aggressive trolls in this forum. I'm not sure why people feel the need to spend all day F5ing the forum of a city they profess not to care for, but I guess some people have more free time than I do.
I'd imagine most of them don't have careers or kids either. How else could these folks possibly make posts throughout the night and in the middle of business hours? And I can't see the motivation for retired folks be so hostile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis