Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 02:09 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,165,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
As the CWE and The Grove continues its growth and we see more investment like Ikea and the planned Foundry market place, we will continue to see more crime. More people from neighboring communities will draw a bad element. The most recent homicide on olive happened because of a broke suburbanite from St Charles County was on a drug hunt and the victim didn't give him drug money. Criminals go where the money is.
That happens everywhere though, especially when police resources are stretched thin. Chicago's nicer neighborhoods have certainly seen upticks in robberies and muggings after cops were reshuffled, but what I find concerning about the recent CWE murders is that many do not appear to be gang related.

What's concerning when you hear stories about the pregnant school teacher murdered in her home, the cab driver found dead in his cab, the woman who was recently found murdered after some teens tried to rob her, etc.

Obviously Chicago has similar stories. The woman who died after getting struck by a truck on Lake Shore Dr while trying to outrun robbers, for example, but even most of the shootings and homicides that have crept into nicer neighborhoods in Chicago this past year have been gang related rather than robberies gone wrong.

Still concerning and tragic for both cities nonetheless. Hopefully crime rates start coming back down next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 02:16 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,907,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusVeil View Post
That happens everywhere though, especially when police resources are stretched thin. Chicago's nicer neighborhoods have certainly seen upticks in robberies and muggings after cops were reshuffled, but what I find concerning about the recent CWE murders is that many do not appear to be gang related.

What's concerning when you hear stories about the pregnant school teacher murdered in her home, the cab driver found dead in his cab, the woman who was recently found murdered after some teens tried to rob her, etc.

Obviously Chicago has similar stories. The woman who died after getting struck by a truck on Lake Shore Dr while trying to outrun robbers, for example, but even most of the shootings and homicides that have crept into nicer neighborhoods in Chicago this past year have been gang related rather than robberies gone wrong.

Still concerning and tragic for both cities nonetheless. Hopefully crime rates start coming back down next year.
I agree. I am not very hopeful of crime going down until I start seeing a more proactive approach to reducing crime and don't get me started with the nutcases in Jefferson city.

The constitutional carry bs would never fly in Illinois! But Chicago has to deal with Indiana and Wisconsin that isn't as wild as Missouri but bad enough to impact the city.

Old 09-20-2016, 03:07 PM

383 posts, read 385,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiegal View Post
We are also from the Chicagoland area and will probably be relocating to St. Louis within 6 months. I was looking at the St. Louis hills area, Benton park, Richmond heights, St Charles, and Clayton. Our main concern is safety, walkable to shops. Our son is graduated from high school but has some special needs. He is currently in a transition program. Any St Louisians have any feedback with any experience with transition type programs in the area?

I meant to respond to this earlier. Forgot. Then I forgot where I read it. Anyway, I can not answer this, but this is down the street from me and might be a good place to start.

Giant Steps Of St. Louis

Seems like a great place with great kids. I think a woman on my street works there. Hope this helps.

Old 09-20-2016, 04:07 PM

186 posts, read 241,676 times
Thank you, this is great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis