Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 08:48 PM

76 posts, read 297,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollytn75 View Post
So I think my head is really ready to explode from all this house hunting. I think I looked at 20+ houses last weekend. I am trying SO hard to stay near 40 in West County. It seems like a happy medium as far as distance to my family in O'Fallon. But all the houses were old in my price range and in need of work - or didn't have a finished basement, with tiny first floors. When you look out off of 109 the houses are much newer, but the commute to Clayton terrifies me!

I also have the Rockwood vs Parkway. (and West vs. Central) Is there a big difference? I have exhausted all of my Highcroft and Claymont options...and have two more to look at that go to Henry. Any thoughts? I am close to putting a contract on a Rockwood (109 area) house, but I am trying really hard to find a good alternative closer to 40.

On a positive, I did accept the job in Clayton, so at least I am employed.
I went to Parkway West and Parkway Central and they are both very good schools. My neice is at Central and my son is at West Middle. For the most part I'm happy with Parkway and their gifted program (both boys participate) and Rockwood has an excellent gifted program as well. Your boys would probably be fine with any school in Parkway or Rockwood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 01:23 PM

14 posts, read 49,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanick View Post
I went to Parkway West and Parkway Central and they are both very good schools. My neice is at Central and my son is at West Middle. For the most part I'm happy with Parkway and their gifted program (both boys participate) and Rockwood has an excellent gifted program as well. Your boys would probably be fine with any school in Parkway or Rockwood.
Thanks. I have done lots of homework and I think I would be happy with either like you said, or Rockwood. I have not researched the gifted program and testing requirements, etc at the various schools, I suppose I should do that too. I have been trying to concentrate on the overall quality of education and test scores, but the gifted program will be important for my oldest son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis