Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 02:55 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,395,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtacos View Post
Yep. The Blues made the playoffs 25 straight years. They just rarely go deep in the playoffs as in Finals or semifinals. They had a deeper run last year. But after 50 years, people want the Cup. It will be quite the parade down Market Street.
I'd say they are often great, but they need to get that damn cup!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 12:26 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,068,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
I'd say they are often great, but they need to get that damn cup!
Well to me, that's the definition of great.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:26 PM

2 posts, read 1,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
Well to me, that's the definition of great.
Blues = only active NHL expansion team to have NOT won a Stanley Cup, and probably never will.
I'm a recent transplant from Pittsburgh (a SUCCESSFUL sports town), I took my wife to the 11/9 game against Chicago (2-1 OT loss for STL), and we were yelled at, cursed at and one lowlife even threw a half-eaten pretzel at us. We had no idea St. Louis Blues fans were such ignorant, unsportsmanlike and unwelcoming white trash.
The GOOD new is that we walked out of Scotttrade Center without being stabbed or robbed.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:14 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,599,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBarleycorn View Post
Blues = only active NHL expansion team to have NOT won a Stanley Cup, and probably never will.
I'm a recent transplant from Pittsburgh (a SUCCESSFUL sports town), I took my wife to the 11/9 game against Chicago (2-1 OT loss for STL), and we were yelled at, cursed at and one lowlife even threw a half-eaten pretzel at us. We had no idea St. Louis Blues fans were such ignorant, unsportsmanlike and unwelcoming white trash.
Sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, there are jerks in every stadium, but it's no fun to encounter them.
Quote:
The GOOD new is that we walked out of Scotttrade Center without being stabbed or robbed.
You and about a million other people every year.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:25 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,068,264 times
Quote:
2 posts...I can smell the troll.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:36 AM

116 posts, read 211,493 times
"JohnBarleyCorn".......I'm a season-ticket holder and I call b------T. Your story is a big, fat lie.

Unless you were throwing stuff at people and yelling at people, that is not going to happen, unprovoked.

Nice try at trolling! ....Not really.....

Old 12-19-2016, 01:57 PM

638 posts, read 977,732 times
JohnBarley, what really happened was your team lost and you yelled at stl blues fans and then you threw a half eaten pretzel at them.... john you salty..

Old 12-19-2016, 02:56 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow- View Post
I didn't even know that LA took the rams, how much of an impact do you think it had on this city?
I think if the Rams where on the same level as the Cardinals in Baseball or the Dallas Cowboys, things would be different.

I would first apologize if these points have already been made. The Rams don't sell out hotels nor do fans flood the streets of downtown St. Louis before and after games. There is a lot of tailgating but that doesn't bring money into the city. They don't have that type of draw. When you also consider that the convention business is very competitive now with so many cities committed to growing their marketability in that sector, we could be loosing a lot of business by not having that space available at the Americas Center.

There are so many ways to look at this.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:43 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,621,189 times
I just heard something about a group in St. Louis trying to buy the New York Jets. Anyone know what that's all about ?

Old 01-12-2017, 09:34 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,621,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I just heard something about a group in St. Louis trying to buy the New York Jets. Anyone know what that's all about ?
I guess this must have been it. Sounds like someone just wants to start a rumor.

Anheuser-Busch Family to Buy New York Jets & Move Them to St. Louis: Report | Bob's Blitz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis