Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 11:22 AM

1,869 posts, read 5,801,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Like I said a gun is simply a tool. The tool may or may not be appropriate for the job at hand. I don't know why that is so hard to understand. Do you want more tools at your disposal in an emergency situation or do you want less? Seasoned criminals also know to look for soft targets, not that these robbers are professionals. They are opportunists looking for a weak target. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that most folks that have money in the city are big time liberals, scared of guns and probably never even handled one. What better target than an unarmed person with money that is scared of guns? I really don't care if you carry or not, it sounds like you probably shouldn't. It is a personal choice.
I'd like to see less accidental deaths. I'd like to see less children killed by guns. I would like to see less suicides. More than two thirds of all gun deaths are by suicide. There is zero mental health reform. We live in a society in 2017 where mental health is not treated the same as physical health. And as long as these people are exposed to violence (the vast majoritynare not but it only takes a few) incidents continue. But who cares as long as you are locked and loaded right? We also do not live in a musket world. It is not musket vs musket.

The United States spends more than twice annually the next nearest country on military for example, and more than the next 8 countries combined. Good thing some of that money isn't needed elsewhere. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that spending trillions of dollars fighting other people's battles hasn't gotten anywhere except more problems, lots of dead people and lots of injured people that are largely forgotten medically and financially upon return. Never mind the recent $125 billion recently in bureaucratic waste.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:56 PM

1,400 posts, read 862,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtacos View Post
I'd like to see less accidental deaths. I'd like to see less children killed by guns. I would like to see less suicides. More than two thirds of all gun deaths are by suicide. There is zero mental health reform. We live in a society in 2017 where mental health is not treated the same as physical health. And as long as these people are exposed to violence (the vast majoritynare not but it only takes a few) incidents continue. But who cares as long as you are locked and loaded right? We also do not live in a musket world. It is not musket vs musket.

The United States spends more than twice annually the next nearest country on military for example, and more than the next 8 countries combined. Good thing some of that money isn't needed elsewhere. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that spending trillions of dollars fighting other people's battles hasn't gotten anywhere except more problems, lots of dead people and lots of injured people that are largely forgotten medically and financially upon return. Never mind the recent $125 billion recently in bureaucratic waste.
Implying that only anti-gun folks care about the important issue of mental health is really shallow. So shallow in fact, that there really is no basis for a productive conversation. You managed to conflate a bunch of major issues into an overly simplistic narrow minded polemic, congratulations.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: