Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 02:51 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,786,605 times

Advertisements

I currently live in CWE, but am looking to move next to 170 for commute purposes. These apartments fit the price and seem to be in a convinient location (for driving at least). I know it's not a "walkable neighborhood" atmosphere like so many of us enjoy, but I'll be okay. However, what can you tell me regarding safety, livability, etc? Have you or anyone you know lived here before? If so, what are your honest thoughts?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 10:32 PM

31 posts, read 108,231 times
I haven't lived there personally, but you can go to apartmentratings.com and type in the name of the apartment and find reviews there.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 PM

31 posts, read 108,231 times
I just read over some reviews, and if I were you, I'd stay far far away from that place. yikes.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl314 View Post
I just read over some reviews, and if I were you, I'd stay far far away from that place. yikes.
Yeah, I have seen those, but people I have talked to in person say it's a good place to live. That's why I am using city-data as a 3rd opinion .

From what I can remember, the main two gripes based on those reviews were high gas prices in the winter (I use space heaters) and being able to hear your neighbors through thin walls. I can deal with those. I just want to make sure it's decently safe. It seems like it would be completely safe because of its location ... just want to make sure before I pursue a 6-month lease.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:27 AM
TGS

360 posts, read 1,722,883 times
The complex is former public housing, so the buildings aren't constructed all that well. If you are mainly worried about low price and safety, then you should be fine. A friend of mine lived there during grad school and she always felt safe. Because of the low price, she was able to live alone in a two bedroom apartment, which was pretty nice when most of the other grad students were doubling up in apartments in the CWE.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
The complex is former public housing, so the buildings aren't constructed all that well. If you are mainly worried about low price and safety, then you should be fine. A friend of mine lived there during grad school and she always felt safe. Because of the low price, she was able to live alone in a two bedroom apartment, which was pretty nice when most of the other grad students were doubling up in apartments in the CWE.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis