Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2017, 06:18 PM

3 posts, read 3,147 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for perks such as - is trash and recycle free? (meaning not an additional cost.)

I know there is Aquaport and the Community Center. We get a discount as long as we have a MH card.

We chose this location because of proximity to my job.

I'm trying to get the most out of living there.

TIA

Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 05:58 PM

592 posts, read 802,594 times
Congrats on the move. Thinking about buying near that area soon. How do you like it so far?

Old 04-10-2017, 09:36 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,015,984 times
I know over here in St. Ann (We're your neighbors...hi!) we pay for our trash, but that does include recycling. It formerly included leaf/brush pickup but that was taken over by the city...to limited success (very limited).

I know each trash service though is negotiated with the municipality, so depend on how skilled the folks at the Maryland Heights City Hall are at negotiating deals will determine what your services look like. My parents live in Bridgeton, and they always had two days of trash pick up, and one day of recycling, vs our one day of trash+recycling+brush. But I think in recent years Bridgeton had to make cuts to the trash pick up schedule, and I wouldn't doubt if Maryland Heights situation is similar.

One nice benefit that you have is the dog park near AquaPort and the Community Center. It's an item I wish we had in my community, but don't. I'd love to let the dog get off the leash and run around a bit w/o the fear of him truly running off. The only time I've been able to let him go off leash (and I don't trust him with it - as he'll get himself lost in a heartbeat) has been in Bridgeton in the buy out areas. I can normally feel pretty comfortable about him being off leash, and there not being anyone else around. Besides that, it's leash on.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:53 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,600,891 times
I don't live in MH but based on their website it seems like you pay for trash but recycling might be free.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:20 PM

592 posts, read 802,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
I know over here in St. Ann (We're your neighbors...hi!) we pay for our trash, but that does include recycling. It formerly included leaf/brush pickup but that was taken over by the city...to limited success (very limited).

I know each trash service though is negotiated with the municipality, so depend on how skilled the folks at the Maryland Heights City Hall are at negotiating deals will determine what your services look like. My parents live in Bridgeton, and they always had two days of trash pick up, and one day of recycling, vs our one day of trash+recycling+brush. But I think in recent years Bridgeton had to make cuts to the trash pick up schedule, and I wouldn't doubt if Maryland Heights situation is similar.

One nice benefit that you have is the dog park near AquaPort and the Community Center. It's an item I wish we had in my community, but don't. I'd love to let the dog get off the leash and run around a bit w/o the fear of him truly running off. The only time I've been able to let him go off leash (and I don't trust him with it - as he'll get himself lost in a heartbeat) has been in Bridgeton in the buy out areas. I can normally feel pretty comfortable about him being off leash, and there not being anyone else around. Besides that, it's leash on.
HOw do you like St. Ann? Heard it was pretty rough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis