Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 02:44 PM

7,442 posts, read 6,959,103 times

Advertisements

Ballwin. (?).

Is Ballwin the best St. Louis 'burb? New ranking says it tops Wentzville, Chesterfield | Joe's St. Louis | stltoday.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 09:57 PM

138 posts, read 149,577 times
If affordability is a factor, then yes, you could make a strong case for Ballwin, I think. The towns in St. Charles County are on par in terms of crime and amenities, but the population in Ballwin is more well-educated and wealthier, on average.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,120 times
What about Ferguson? I live in Ferguson, we have great neighbors that we hang out with every weekend in the Summer Walk and enjoy free concerts in a safe environment, very affordable housing and a dynamics community brotherhood!

Old 10-31-2017, 11:44 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,374,477 times
Well, it's an affordable suburb with a lot of family friendly amenities (pools, parks, golf course, rec centers), public schools with a history of excellence, more diversity, more educated population...so yeah, I can totally see it. It wouldn't be my personal choice, but I would absolutely recommend it for someone else. The suburbs I prefer for myself are either more expensive (Clayton, Webster, Kirkwood, Ladue, etc.) or don't have the level of public schools (Maplewood, U City).

Old 10-31-2017, 04:32 PM

54 posts, read 68,580 times
It is a great area, and could be one of the "best". One issue, if TRAFFIC counts for anything, it is easily one of the worst spots in the whole state of Missouri.

Old 10-31-2017, 05:49 PM

3 posts, read 4,822 times
Default suburbs st louis

Close but what you might be looking for.
Wentzville, warrenton, troy. All these are kind
of what you alooking for.

Last edited by raftpack; 10-31-2017 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-31-2017, 09:03 PM

7,442 posts, read 6,959,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
Well, it's an affordable suburb with a lot of family friendly amenities (pools, parks, golf course, rec centers), public schools with a history of excellence, more diversity, more educated population...so yeah, I can totally see it. It wouldn't be my personal choice, but I would absolutely recommend it for someone else. The suburbs I prefer for myself are either more expensive (Clayton, Webster, Kirkwood, Ladue, etc.) or don't have the level of public schools (Maplewood, U City).
It's subjective, I have no issues with Ballwin, but it just doesn't strike me as the "best."

I mean heck, if west county bordering Manchester Road is the ideal, I'd probably pick Chesterfield or now even Wildwood. Ballwin is nice, but parts are a bit dated and even a little dingy.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:27 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,571,800 times
Ballwin is a stereotypical boring cul de sac clone-stamped across 9 square miles. I don't see any reason you would like or hate it compared to O'Fallon, Ellisville, Wentzville, Wildwood, etc. It's like having a favorite brand of distilled water.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:52 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,825,479 times
I feel like I'm indifferent to Ballwin- it has its nice and not so nice parts. However, it does have a great school district, so that does make a huge difference in terms of value for money.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,447 times
We looked at several houses near Ballwin and decided not to live there. Rt 100 is always congested regardless of the time or day. It can take a while to get on any highway, adding 10-20 mins of commute time. If you like going to the zoo, museums, and restaurants near downtown, I wouldn't recommend living in Ballwin. If you like living near chain restaurants, strip malls, then Ballwin can be a good choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis