Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:12 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,613,768 times

Advertisements

I know at one point MS Nights was maybe going to reopen (I thought I heard in midtown near SLU) Anyone heard about this? It wouldn't be the same to be sure, but at least we'd have something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 04:32 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,052,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breer23 View Post
It's still there, and it's still really good food (at least the pizza is, anyway)! The service is so-so, but we usually get take-out.
REALLY?! I'm so happy to hear that. Two people told me it had become a coffee house and that the stained glass was all gone.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:29 PM

634 posts, read 2,347,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelesschild View Post
REALLY?! I'm so happy to hear that. Two people told me it had become a coffee house and that the stained glass was all gone.
Hmm, maybe I'm confused...you posted Skinker & Forest Park Pkwy earlier - I didn't catch that. Talyana's pizza & restaurant that I know of is one block north of Forest Park Pkwy on DeBalivere. Hope I didn't mislead you, if this is not the one that you meant?!?

You are correct about Skinker & FPP - the coffeehouse is called Kayak's.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:40 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,052,894 times
Do they still have all the stained glass and statues? I have never had such good pizza (or pasta) since I left St. Louis...

Last edited by timelesschild; 04-10-2008 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: added pasta

Old 04-18-2008, 04:29 PM

287 posts, read 1,086,597 times
I grew up in East-central IL, so I don't have a ton of early memories about STL. My first "encounter" with the city without the parents was in the mid-90's. I snuck out of the house with some girlfriends, we pushed my friend's car down the lane so her parents wouldn't hear, and drove 2 1/2 hours to Miss. Nights to hear Deep Blue Something play their one hit wonder...what a time! I was enamoured with the lights and crowds of a major city. Guess that's why I live here now (you gotta remember I was a farm girl!)

Old 04-19-2008, 12:51 PM

572 posts, read 1,994,847 times
The Talayna's on the corner of Skinker & Forest Park was torn down. The building was in bad shape and infested. It now house a Kayak Coffee and offices for Wash. Univ.

I ate there twice and each time people were jumping up and running from the roaches. I have no idea how they passed inspections. Well...maybe I do.

He was also building a huge house on Lindell. But, and I could be wrong, never finished it due to money problems. It has since been built.

I don't know what happened to the statues and such.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:37 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,335 times
Attending game 7 of the world series in 82 (I think) when the Cards won! It was the most exhilarating experience! And the custard place near the hill (Teds?). The restoration of the Fox Theater (saw CATS). And the destruction of Times Beach.
And really dating myself...the Grand Opening of the Spagetti Factory in Laclede's Landing (is it still there?).

Old 04-21-2008, 06:13 PM

366 posts, read 1,744,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
The Talayna's on the corner of Skinker & Forest Park was torn down. The building was in bad shape and infested. It now house a Kayak Coffee and offices for Wash. Univ.

I ate there twice and each time people were jumping up and running from the roaches. I have no idea how they passed inspections. Well...maybe I do.

He was also building a huge house on Lindell. But, and I could be wrong, never finished it due to money problems. It has since been built.

I don't know what happened to the statues and such.
The place on Debalivere still has the great pizza. It's in a location that was something to remember on its own. It used to be one of the four Parkmoor Restaurants, last, and original one closing a few years ago when Walgreens bought their property. I loved that place. Best onion rings ever. I remember going to old original one with juke boxes in the booths and car service. The owner of The Parkmoor invented the car tray for drive-in restaurants.

Taylana's house on Lindell was finished. The first occupant sold it just two years ago for $1,850,000. I believe Mike Talayna Faille probably had more into it than that. He's a great guy who just ran into some money problems. Here's a link to the listing on the home, it's only good for 30 days from today. Be sure to click on the additional photos link.

View Listings link will be available for 30 days. If you do not see a link, copy this text to the address line in your browser:

MLS MARIS Reports (224)

Old 04-22-2008, 11:41 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,481,594 times
Pac-man tournaments when Northwest Plaza was still an outdoor mall.

Union Station being a nice place to shop. What was the name of the new mall that went up not long after in downtown? That place was a ghost town in a matter of years.

The V.P. fair with an actual airshow between the bridges.

The various floods.

Is the Mcdonalds barge still on the riverfront?

Old 04-23-2008, 09:56 AM

572 posts, read 1,994,847 times
The McDonald's is gone.

St. Louis Centre is also gone. It is supposed to be part of a new retail/housing area called Mercantile Exchange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis