U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 07:53 PM

462 posts, read 139,804 times

Advertisements

Well, there was the “clang clang clang” of the trolley.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2021, 09:05 PM

562 posts, read 460,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Growing up with KSHE, I don't think most of us realized how spoiled we were. MOST places in the country didn't have a station like KSHE. Los Angeles maybe...

Whenever I visited relatives in OK, someone would always ask me if I listened to KSHE.

I will add...Soulard Mardi Gras.
BB's Jazz and Soup
Broadway Oyster Bar
Parking by the airport and watch the planes come in for landing
Cruising Jefferson Blvd and watching the hookers
I remember there being a specific lot on Lindbergh where everyone parked for this. The lot was removed when the tunnel was built, but it was a fantastic spot. Right at the end of the runway, not far from the underpass. Could even see the runway lighting.

And now that reminds me of Carrollton. I wish they would tear up the old streets. It's very eerie for people who remember it.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:53 PM

7,300 posts, read 5,960,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingAurvandil View Post
I remember there being a specific lot on Lindbergh where everyone parked for this. The lot was removed when the tunnel was built, but it was a fantastic spot. Right at the end of the runway, not far from the underpass. Could even see the runway lighting.

And now that reminds me of Carrollton. I wish they would tear up the old streets. It's very eerie for people who remember it.
I recall that lot as well. Was pretty cool seeing the planes land and take off right over you.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Can you still get a brain sandwich?
Had a bite of one of those once must have been 30 years ago at Pat's in Dogtown.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskirwin View Post
As a kid growing up in the 70's I watched WAAAAY too much TV. So over 30 years later I often suffer from earworms of that era. So I'll spread the infection:

"Don't baste your bar-b-cue. Mall it! Mall it! 5 fantastic flavors.... Mall it!"
"Summer's great. Summer's fun. Especially if you're the lucky one. Lucky enough to own a family pool from Pool Mart... Pool Mart pools are fun!"
I know this is very old, but I will never forget those Maul's barbeque sauce ads - because they were a constant presence on TV and the radio and my Dad did in fact Maul it.

Don't recall the pool one though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis