Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:36 PM

68 posts, read 317,176 times

Advertisements

OOps my bad I thought Kanick had brought that up Of course I have faith in you besides I am still counting on you to help us house hunt after we get there. The plan so far is after moving there to start searching neighborhoods and find one we agree on, I still love the city and he is still scared of it. Then start house hunting in that area and hopefully take advantage of this housing crisis before things get better again. Sounds horrible but I gotta get the best bang for my buck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 05:39 PM
TGS

360 posts, read 1,722,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahalemama View Post
Oh wow I had no idea they were revitalizing that area. I used to live on Morgan Ford near Tholozan back when it was, well less than desirable, back when the South Side rapist thing was going on. That is good to hear that things are changing for the better!
Down near Tholozan it is still a little rough around the edges, but once you cross the railroad tracks to the north, it gets pretty nice on Morganford in between Arsenal and Utah. The large historic brick houses close to Grand are pretty expensive now, but the area around Morganford north of the tracks is still pretty affordable so there are lots of young professionals moving in.

There have been a lot of new businesses opening. Most of them would traditionally work well on Grand, but that area is kind of built out at this point and Morganford was sitting wide open with great boarded-up buildings and no businesses only six blocks away. A few years ago some people came in and bought the old buildings for a song, rehabbed them, and the area is looking great. There are a lot more buildings being worked on right now so who knows what else is coming for the strip.

Be sure to check out the Morganford businesses when you move to the area:
3 Monkeys :: An Eating & Drinking Establishment
Tin Can Tavern & Grille - St. Louis
Stella Blues - Restaurant and Bar
Vintage Haberdashery - Home
Grove Furnishings - Main Page

Old 04-08-2008, 03:18 PM

11 posts, read 57,555 times
Both of my kids went to Henry, all the way through graduation from Parkway School District. Very good school, no problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis