U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2018, 11:06 AM

4 posts, read 1,975 times

Advertisements

I am in a huge time crunch and would appreciate any help everyone has on here.
I have two weeks to move (short notice job offer).
I have a family, so I need at least a 3BR.
I would prefer a house with a fenced yard, but will consider others with this short notice.
Budget is at most $2000. I would like to live near the Clayton area. Job is DRS Technologies.
I know the direct Clayton area is expensive, but I am just going by what I've read on this site regarding suggested areas to live with a family.
I am willing to enroll my children in a charter school vs. public, if necessary, but I will not have enough income to cover private, honestly.

Since it is so close to moving time, I am flexible on the type of vibe the area has as long as it is reasonable with crime and within a relatively short distance to a good elementary school for my children (public or charter).
I would like to have a 25min>commute time to DRS during regular working hours and rush hour, but am a little more flexible with that as long as in lower end of crime and close to good schools.

Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 11:25 AM

136 posts, read 106,722 times
You might want to post this in the Real Estate forum section.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:38 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,138,979 times
I am not in the loop on rentals, but at least this could be a start ?

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/...09_3/?sortId=0

Old 08-24-2018, 04:45 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,279,117 times
Not very familiar with the rental market, but try Olivette, Creve Coeur, Maryland Heights, and the eastern portion of Chesterfield. They will all be within about 20 min of Clayton, have rental housing, and have good public schools.

Old 08-27-2018, 06:15 AM

451 posts, read 296,709 times
If you’re want affordable you don’t want to go east or west of Clayton.

N/S would be better. Look at University City and Maplewood.

You could also live in south city. Area around St . Francis Park is really nice. As is Dogtown.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:16 AM

197 posts, read 232,267 times
https://www.zillow.com/homes/3988-Ro...,-MO-63121_rb/

This house is seven minute drive from DRS in Cool Valley. Pasadena Hills is a totally safe neighborhood. 14 minute drive to Clayton. Nearby school option is St. Ann's catholic school. Public schools are Normandy, which while they are improving, aren't exactly the strongest yet.. and certainly aren't Clayton.

Old 08-27-2018, 03:22 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,279,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL1980 View Post
https://www.zillow.com/homes/3988-Ro...,-MO-63121_rb/

This house is seven minute drive from DRS in Cool Valley. Pasadena Hills is a totally safe neighborhood. 14 minute drive to Clayton. Nearby school option is St. Ann's catholic school. Public schools are Normandy, which while they are improving, aren't exactly the strongest yet.. and certainly aren't Clayton.
Normandy schools are "bad", so if private school is not an option as the OP said, it doesn't sound like a good choice. Given Cool Valley's location right next to I-70 and I-170, you have a huge area where you would have a ~20 min commute. Just about anything in St Louis County East of say 141 and North of I-64 would be around 20 min or less, other than at the very peak time of rush hour. The 270 corridor between 70 and 64 in particular would be good, and there should be a good stock of rental housing in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis