Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 06:28 PM

23 posts, read 49,415 times

Advertisements

Looking at Wiki, the demographics look like I would have to carry a gun around with me.
I looked at Google Maps, and I see Boeing, IBM, the main Airport, right next to the possible job.
I'm trying to escape Silicon Valley. Missouri is way way cheaper than here.
Any info would be great.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
What's Hazelwood Missouri like? Possible job offer.-cheap-house.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 09:38 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,015,567 times
Troll night in STL forum I guess. Plenty of nice neighborhoods in Hazelwood. Plenty elsewhere.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:49 PM

451 posts, read 365,188 times
No thanks. You can stay in Silicon Valley

Old 08-27-2018, 11:19 PM

23 posts, read 49,415 times
Can you afford a 600 sq. ft. Apartment for $2500.00 a month? either can I. As a blue Collar worker (CNC Machinist-Programmer) that only makes 60k a year, Misery looks great.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:24 PM

435 posts, read 176,048 times
Based on demographics? Are you serious? That is even an ignorant comment by Missouri standards. The only reason you would need to carry a gun in Hazelwood is if you were a person that is scared of their own shadow. So yeah, sounds like you might need one if certain demographics scare you.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:36 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,864,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOD BYE SF BAY View Post
Looking at Wiki, the demographics look like I would have to carry a gun around with me.
I looked at Google Maps, and I see Boeing, IBM, the main Airport, right next to the possible job.
Any info would be great.
Thanks.
With comments like the bolded, you will not be welcome here, nor will you enjoy it here.

From the other threads you've recently started, it appears you have job offers elsewhere as well. Your best bet is to focus on those.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:01 AM

90 posts, read 99,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOD BYE SF BAY View Post
Any info would be great.
Thanks.
We call it HazelHood for a reason. It’s not the ghetto, but it ain’t Frontenac either.
Lot of nice areas close by though. You could easily work in Hazelwood and live in St. Charles County. I’ve lived here my whole life, and it’s a pretty great place to be.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:08 AM

90 posts, read 99,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
With comments like the bolded, you will not be welcome here, nor will you enjoy it here.

From the other threads you've recently started, it appears you have job offers elsewhere as well. Your best bet is to focus on those.
Just because someone does not conform to your standards of morality, does not mean they will not be “welcome” here. Some people realize there is a link between certain demographics and crime. I’m not saying I agree or don’t, I’m just saying we should show some tolerance and try to understand someone else’s point of view.

Old 09-09-2018, 12:55 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,256,014 times
Isn't Hazelwood where MacHQ is? Computer jobs? Also, USPS sorting center? Jobs there. Or am I mixed up? All these small towns get confusing. But I think it was Hazelwood where I went to an office supply store. Nice little town.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:06 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,601,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTEMT-B View Post
We call it HazelHood for a reason.
The reason is racism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
Isn't Hazelwood where MacHQ is? Computer jobs? Also, USPS sorting center? Jobs there. Or am I mixed up? All these small towns get confusing. But I think it was Hazelwood where I went to an office supply store. Nice little town.
Hazelwood is actually the 9th largest municipality in the county, with a population of 26k!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis