Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 PM

15 posts, read 44,949 times

Advertisements

I am considering a job offer in St. Peters, MO. I am trying to figure out the safety and cost of living but cant find specifically St. Peters but only St. Louis. I know crime is high in St. Louis but what about St. Peters.

Also, is it expensive compared to St. Louis. i am from Lincoln, NE and the Cost of Living is cheap here.

When I search for apartment in St. Peters thro craigslist all i see is mostly family home and all I would need is a 1-br apartment. what is the typical cost of a 1-br apt. I wouldnt mind sharing a 2-br or 3-br with roomates but that depends on how safe the area is ...

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 04:48 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,747,236 times
St. Peters, from what I've heard, is generally safe. So I wouldn't worry about it. I would think STL might be a little more expensive than Nebraska, but for a city its size it shouldn't be that bad.

If you really can't find anything in St. Peters St. Charles is about 15 minutes away (according to Google Maps). O'Fallon, MO is about the same distance.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:51 PM

68 posts, read 315,300 times
hey rajaijah
our family is relocating to Chesterfield MO from Raleigh NC. Raleigh is also a cheaper cost of living so I know what you mean. We did quiet a bit of research before making our decision. We looked in Chesterfield, Ofallon and St Charles areas and decided on Chesterfield. It has a large selection of apts in an ok price range, pretty good amenities,is safe and has a decent desi population. I am just assuming from your screen name your are of indian ethnicity? A good site to search is forrent.com and you should be able to find something in St Peters.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:04 AM

25 posts, read 93,059 times
I lived in St. Peters for four years and loved it. I currently live in St. Charles and love it as well.

St. Peters is nice for quite a few reasons. Many of the roads are new or improved so they are in a good state of repair. The same goes for many of the businesses. St. Peters has a great community center (Recplex) with swimming, ice skating, etc etc.

I'm not sure about apartment rates today but in the past, rent in St. Peters was comparable to most other places like St. Charles, Maryland Heights, Creve Coeur, O'Fallon, etc.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:24 AM

15 posts, read 44,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahalemama View Post
hey rajaijah
our family is relocating to Chesterfield MO from Raleigh NC. Raleigh is also a cheaper cost of living so I know what you mean. We did quiet a bit of research before making our decision. We looked in Chesterfield, Ofallon and St Charles areas and decided on Chesterfield. It has a large selection of apts in an ok price range, pretty good amenities,is safe and has a decent desi population. I am just assuming from your screen name your are of indian ethnicity? A good site to search is forrent.com and you should be able to find something in St Peters.
yes. I am a desi. From what I have read in few posts is that the area is family based population and singles get bored. Also only very few apartments in st. peters area. probably should look in to Ofallon as you and few other people suggested.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:21 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,467,731 times
O'Fallon is way more boring and family-oriented than St. Peters. I mean waaaaay....

Old 04-06-2008, 09:11 PM

148 posts, read 501,636 times
You can try the apartments in Maryland Heights on the North-West side of I-270 & Page (just west of Westport Plaza)

I got an apartment somewhere else,
but everytime I go shopping in Schnucks over there, there seems to be a lot of young people

Search for "Schnucks maryland heights,mo" in Google and it'll be the one closest to Creve Coeur Lake

Old 04-07-2008, 08:57 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,467,731 times
There's several apartment complexes right in that area, most of them older. Three I can think of that are just off 364 (which would make a commute to St. Charles beyond easy) are the Colony, Pavilion and West Pointe. The latter of which my own parents lived in when they first got married and before they bought their house out in St. Peters.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:36 PM

68 posts, read 315,300 times
Hey rajaijah
I thought so from your screen name. We decided to move to the Town and Country area which is pretty close to Chesterfield. There seems to be quite a few Desi families there but yeah it does seem to be more families and not much for single people. We did find several apt choices though and at very competitive prices. I am caucasian and my spousal equivalent, that is what I like to call him, is Indian, from Karnataka and in IT. I think we will be happy with the area and it seems to have several IT job opportunities. I would say look for an area that has a college near by, then you will find lots of singles and apts choices. Good Luck

Old 04-14-2008, 12:40 PM

4 posts, read 44,351 times
I lived in St. Peters for about 4 years and have to say, it is very family friendly... and b o r i n g . St. Charles is close, and if your new job is in St. Peters, you would probably be traveling against rush hour traffic. St. Charles has a little bit more personality- but O'fallon IS definitetly just as family-ish as St. Peters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis