Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 07:05 PM

63 posts, read 222,017 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to St. Louis this summer. I would like to know where I can find a good church for my family.

My background is Baptist or non-denominational/ Bible believing/ evangelical/ fundamentally sound/ etc. The church we attended in Kansas City was Baptist.

The pastors and teachers I like are Charles Stanley, Tony Evans, Chuck Swindol. I really like the teaching of GES (the Grace Evangelical Society) Grace Evangelical Society Homepage .

I am not a fan of John MacArthur or his teaching of Lordship salvation.

Hopefully that info will be enough to give you a good idea of the type of teaching/church I'm looking for. Oh, and I'm willing to drive to get to a good church. We are considering living on the west or south sides or possibly even in Edwardsville, IL.

Thanks for any help you can give me. Finding a church is very important to me and my family!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 08:58 PM

76 posts, read 296,004 times
I'm United Church of Christ (very liberal) so I probably can't help much. A dear friend of mine attends a church called Evangelical Free off Carmen Road and I'm pretty sure it's probably it's the kind of church you are looking for.

add website: First Evangelical Free Church: Home

Old 04-03-2008, 09:05 PM

You are actually the 2nd person who has mentioned that church. I'll definitely look up that website. Thanks!

Anyone else have ideas?

Linda

Old 04-04-2008, 07:52 PM

287 posts, read 1,082,630 times
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but try The Journey

There are three locations in the metro area and a new church plant in Edwardsville.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:06 PM

Thanks. I did look up the Journey. I also looked up the above mentioned E-Free churches.

It's nice having somewhere to start. I HATE church hunting. It seems to take so long to decide whether it's right for you. Doing some research in advance can really shorten the amount of time you have to look.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:56 PM

3 posts, read 8,547 times
hey i've heard good things about journey, i don't know your theological center or what you are looking for.
kevin sutherland
[url]http://www.mosaiciamichurch.com[/url]

Old 05-15-2014, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,322 times
Ok, so this is like 5 years old but I came across it and thought I'd see where you ended up. I am the pastor of South County Bible Church in St. Louis. ([url=http://www.scbc.us]Home[/url]) Our church is right up your alley with what you were looking for. I grew up Baptist myself. We are independent. If the Lord directed you to church where you are content then stay there! If for some reason you are looking or anyone else for that matter; come on and visit us. God bless!

Old 02-20-2022, 06:58 AM

1 posts, read 879 times
In my search, I came across your post, which describes what I'm looking for. What church did you attend in KC? Thank you!

Old 02-20-2022, 08:29 PM

6,766 posts, read 11,394,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randiesmom View Post
In my search, I came across your post, which describes what I'm looking for. What church did you attend in KC? Thank you!
The OP hasn’t been back here for 10.5 years so I don’t think you’ll get an answer.

Old 02-22-2022, 08:30 AM

5,562 posts, read 2,999,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randiesmom View Post
I would bet that if you contact someone at Calvary Bible University, they could steer you toward the kind of church you're looking for, in the area.
https://www.calvary.edu

Conservative, evangelical, etc.

My sister and brother in law both graduated from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis