Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2020, 12:02 PM

8 posts, read 6,638 times

Advertisements

On the forum, I have seen the Brentwood school district spoken about highly. However, people still consider Ladue better than Brentwood. And at the end of the day, people still seem to 'prefer' Ladue and Clayton over Brentwood.

Can someone provide some insights about the school district and what may be unique?

What is the difference between Brentwood and Ladue/Parkway districts, and is the difference such a big deal that some make it out to be?

Are there certain things that people really like about the Brentwood school district?

Are there things people do not like?

(Reason for asking this is we are considering buying a house in Brentwood specifically to send our children to school; Brentwood seems to be more affordable than Clayton/Ladue and within our preferred driving distance to work).

We will be starting with elementary, but may stay on longer.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2020, 08:04 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,038,026 times
Just a guess, but there are probably more renters in Brentwood... Brentwood Forest seems to draw in a good number of temporary and professional transients. Some of the housing down along Manchester is more of a working class nature (as compared to typical housing in Clayton or Ladue). Again, I am guessing here, but probably a bit more economically diverse. But I have also heard excellent things about the public schools in Brentwood. I think it would be a solid investment for the long run in the St. Louis area.

Old 02-16-2020, 09:19 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,380,700 times
I'm just going to guess because I know a school admin there, but no one with kids there. It's a popular area, the housing base is trending high to upper middle class, but there is a lot of rental in the area too. The schools are trending upwards. The class sizes are smaller than most public schools, better student teacher ratios. Most of the area would allow kids to walk to school. Safe. Convenient area to live in. Downside of a small district might be in extracurriculars and sports. That would be something to look into depending on the kids interests.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:12 PM

8 posts, read 6,638 times
Your comment about extracurriculars and sports is actually a really good one. Will need to look into that.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:20 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,673,053 times
Everyone I know there cites the smaller size as a plus.

Edit: I saw the comment on extracurriculars and sports. I agree it's something to consider. I also think it can be a positive in that it might not be super competitive to make a sports team. I loved going to a smaller HS for this reason.

Last edited by billiken; 02-17-2020 at 10:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis