Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 09:46 PM

8 posts, read 28,178 times

Advertisements

Webster Groves, Kirkwood, Ladue, places in U City. Tons of trees, very beautiful areas.

I will add on The Sculpture Park for things to do. Who doesn't love climbing on things? And a note: The Botanical Garden has a fun climb on sculpture exhibit until halloween and free music concerts every wednesday evening starting june (you can bring blankets, alcohol, food, and kids!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 12:48 PM

60 posts, read 291,775 times
I have a friend who lives in Kirkwood and is very happy with the schools. You won't get a huge, updated house there for $400,000, but you will get mature trees, sidewalks, a cute downtown, and a friendly community.
Once you know where you are moving, I suggest that you call the city park district and the St. Louis County park district, and check into summer camps and classes for kids. Kirkwood also has a wonderful city pool, as do many other suburbs of St. Louis.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:54 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyt View Post
I'm so glad to hear from someone who is from Charlotte who really likes Saint Louis. We've met a few folks in Saint Louis who acted sorry for us when we told them we were leaving NC for MO! In fact, we looked at one house in Saint Louis where the owners were being transferred to Charlotte- they were thrilled! We're excited for the adventure, though, and I appreciate everyone's feedback on good areas.
You don't want to live in IL...do some research and you will find that being on the Missouri side is the place to be. That is unless you enjoy paying more for gas, like higher taxes and think being stuck in traffic trying to cross the bridge everyday is fun.

Check out Kirkwood, Webster and maybe even Fenton.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:57 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
Illinois is alright.

But gas does tend to cost more, and apparently taxes are higher, though housing is cheaper.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:28 AM

287 posts, read 1,086,932 times
Just wanted to add that we used to attend the United Methodist church in Webster Groves (Webster Hills UMC), and it was a great church for families. They also have a strong youth program. With your budget, I would suggest Webster Groves. The city has a small town feel, with beautiful, historic homes and is known for its tree lined streets and parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis