Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2021, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,533 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am a 22 year old woman graduating from college and moving to St Louis this June. I was wondering if someone could explain the dating/socialization scene to me? I will be working in the Midtown neighborhood and I don't know where I'll live, but after some research I am thinking of finding a Richmond heights apartment with two other people. Is this reasonable? If this is where I end up working/living, how do people in my areas meet each other? I am Christian and will be looking for a church once I get there, so I know I'll have that community, but I'd love any extra information you could give to help. I'm wondering both how to meet people romantically with similar interests (generally academic/intellectual) and how to meet people to live with. Also, should I consider living somewhere else and what does public transport look like in St Louis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 09:32 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Church is one of the top places to establish yourself in when relocating to a new city. Another quick way to meet people is through volunteering. There are many options. Some of your adjustment depends on you and how outgoing you are. I have never had any luck with dating in St Louis but I am in a totally different demographic. I do know St Louis has a lot of married early types. That could be a positive or negative depending on you.

Public transit should be a breeze from Richmond Heights to Midtown. Trains usually run every 20 minutes heading east. More frequently during rush hour. Pretty much of a safe, and civilized feel unlike other sections of the system.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:42 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,342,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Church is one of the top places to establish yourself in when relocating to a new city. Another quick way to meet people is through volunteering. There are many options. Some of your adjustment depends on you and how outgoing you are. I have never had any luck with dating in St Louis but I am in a totally different demographic. I do know St Louis has a lot of married early types. That could be a positive or negative depending on you.

Public transit should be a breeze from Richmond Heights to Midtown. Trains usually run every 20 minutes heading east. More frequently during rush hour. Pretty much of a safe, and civilized feel unlike other sections of the system.

I live in Southwest FL now and dating is terrible here. First, the median age is over 50 in this region! So not alot of young single people under 40. Online dating within 60 miles of me is mostly garbage.

But I can look at the same sites and such in St. Louis area and put in my zipcode and many many times more women. Less single moms, more never married, more educated, in better physical shape and overall more attractive looking. Down here in FL many more unattractive women, single moms, ugly women.

Old 09-19-2021, 09:50 PM

5 posts, read 3,167 times
Decent, conservative men, but social scene on life support.

Old 10-06-2021, 11:47 AM

211 posts, read 120,238 times
How is the social scene on life support?

Old 10-06-2021, 01:50 PM

1,197 posts, read 2,279,109 times
I suggest joining "Meet-Up". You can download the app and then put it in what your interests are and it will suggest groups for you to join. I relocated to St. Louis 10 years ago and joined a Craft Beer group through Meet-Up. Met some great friends and dated a few women from the group as well. One thing to note is that St. Louisans tend to be tribal by nature. Many of them go away to college, but tend to end up returning and getting back into the same social circles they had in high school. The result is that while they are very welcoming, it is hard to break into their social circles. Almost every one of the close friendships I have developed in my 10 years here has been with other transplants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: