Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 08:19 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times

Advertisements

If I were a lesbian in Missouri, Farmington is probably one of the last places I'd choose. From what I hear from Lgbt friends, the larger cities in the state of Missouri are the best. I'd go straight to the city or one of its suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 07:29 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,015,984 times
Does your company have a HQ in Ferguson or Farmington? If not, why did you pick those two locations? Curious…

As to St. Louis, as everyone else has said, it’s a fairly large metro area with lots to offer if you’re a person who’s looking to relocate here. STL City has tons of cool neighborhoods with an awesome urban vibe, and the county has lots of unique places with dedicated downtowns. As a Maryland Heights resident, i can say I absolutely love our location, but what we’re REALLY missing, is a dedicated downtown or “Main Street” vibe.

Kirkwood, Webster Groves, Maplewood would be my top picks, even as a native St. Louisian.

What are you looking for in a city/town to inhabit? Where’s work, is it remote or in office? And I assume a budget of less than $1500 is desirable?

Old 02-18-2022, 06:27 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,116,302 times
To be honest, unless you are black, don't even consider Ferguson. Even then, it is a sewer. Most of St Louis is nasty except for the suburbs. There are some very nice, but expensive suburbs.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:16 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
To be honest, unless you are black, don't even consider Ferguson. Even then, it is a sewer. Most of St Louis is nasty except for the suburbs. There are some very nice, but expensive suburbs.
This isn't true. I go to church in Ferguson and there are Whites and Hispanics who are established in Ferguson and are happy with their lives. It isn't a place I recommend for OP or any transplant. Ferguson is full of locals.

There are less nice areas of the city but many fantastic areas to choose from. There are plenty of nice affordable places in the suburbs like what has already been recommended. As always use online resources to get safety information regardless of where you choose.

Old 02-20-2022, 10:49 AM

27 posts, read 37,592 times
I grew up in St Louis County and currently live in Scottsdale/PV area. I still have friends from grade and high school in St Louis. The suburbs are beautiful and there are always those that seek to gentrify urban areas. Cost of living is reasonable. Winters are mild but overcast and you get ice storms and many damp days. There's a lot of culture in the area. Food choices are great. Look at crime maps before you look to buy in. My nephew just accepted a job with offices in the 141 corridor west of I-270. I'd look at living Lindbergh Avenue westward and stay out of north side of metro which includes your target areas. https://crimegrade.org/safest-places...uis-county-mo/ gives a good pictorial of the state of things. As for diversity, it's 60 years from the '60s and if you are a good neighbor, no one cares about your gender identification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis