Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 05:24 AM

15 posts, read 33,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breer23 View Post
Not to sway you from choosing St. Louis, but I have a family member who has lived in Flower Mound since the mid-80s, so I might be able to give you some info about both cities, albeit with little detail.
Yes that would be great. Anything helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 08:58 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,618,797 times
It's actually north and east of the city that have crime issues.

So if you don't like cookie cutter, but want to be centrally located in a quaint area with big box shopping nearby I'd look at Kirkwood, Webster Groves, Des Peres etc.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:52 AM

25 posts, read 82,783 times
I grew up near Ballwin. For the life of me I cannot figure out why someone would target the area as a place to move to if they weren't specifically moving for a job already lined up. There is nothing wrong with the area, but it is like any other suburban midwestern area.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:50 PM

973 posts, read 2,229,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygod View Post
From other post I have read it sounds like anywhere south or east of the city would have too much crime.Any suggestions to other areas I might look?
My cousin's husband is in construction and owns a home in south STL, and I definitely haven't felt any problems around his neighborhood - just north of 255, and just west of Telegraph Road. The zip code is 63125, and there's a big Wal-Mart right there at Telegraph and 255.

Many areas of north STL has problems. The city of East STL has problems. There are many good neighborhoods in south STL, and many of the towns on the IL side are nice.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:07 AM
HRP

10 posts, read 34,497 times
OMG...I know this is an old post, have you made your move? I grew up in Oakville, Mo and have also lived in O'Fallon, Mo as well as St. Louis city AND I currently live in Keller, TX which is just south of Flower Mound (we looked there too). If you still info, give me a shout!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:45 PM

15 posts, read 33,819 times
Hello everyone. I'm sorry that I have taken a long time to post a reply. I have since decided to go with Texas as a place to move to. I have also took a trip(June) to Round Rock and Flower Mound Texas. Both cities were great as far as people,weather,jobs are conserned. But I think Flower Mound would be the better choice. The road system in Round Rock was confusing to say least. I ended up spending 50 cents on a toll road and then turned off on the next road less than 2 minutes later! Also with the way the town is spread out alongside the highways,state roads, it felt more like a highway than a city or even a small town. Flower Mound by contrast, was easy to navigate. No toll roads and once I got to the city I didn't have to go on any highways or state roads at all! It felt like an actuall town(small city).My only regret about the trip, is that I didn't take it later when gas prices dropped and when the temperature was a little cooler. The humidity in both cities though were perfect. Enough humidity that it wasn't a dry heat, but not so much that I was "muggy" either. My health improved while I was there as well. I miss it very much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis