Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 01:41 PM

4 posts, read 24,141 times

Advertisements

Ok just reread the posts. are the kids mostly elementary or are they teens. And thanks for the luck on the deployment it will be his 3rd, we have been lucky to be nondeployable the last couple of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 02:59 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
O'Fallon schools are very good. The neighborhoods around here are generally slow paced with little car traffic, so the lack of side walks is a non-issue.

Targets, Wall-marts, movie theaters, grocery stores and low-end/franchise restaurants are all near by.

Mid Rivers Mall is about 4 miles away.

You may have to do a bit of traveling (15 miles+) for higher end shopping. Although a Von Maur (if you consider that high end) will be opening in Lake Saint Louis next spring.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:01 AM

71 posts, read 260,913 times
Actually O'fallon Hills residents are in Wentzville School District, and the elementary school district is one of the best Missouri. I have not been through the area in a while, but it always seemed to have a good mix of children, like said you are very close to Lake St. Louis, actually border it for a few miles and there are a lot of children there also.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:44 PM

419 posts, read 1,332,273 times
PS- HERE is the full MLS listing...

Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 PM

4 posts, read 24,141 times
how bad is the foundation problems for everyone that you know of. we just had the building inspection done and well it does not sound good "heaving" was mentioned a bunch. In one of the posts someone talked about foundations "blowing". How common is this problem?

Old 11-06-2009, 05:48 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
We looked at a home in LSL with bad foundation. Obviously we turned it down. My friends are also having some flooding issues on the upperlake (probably water table with all the rain).

What you are going to find, and be very aware of that in this neck of the woods there are a lot of "handyman" - Knuckleheads with rudimentary construction skills that just seem to have to prove their "manlyness". A heaving floor sounds like an amateur job. Be careful.

Our electrical system was a home job with all kind of wackiness (yet somehow passed inspection). Doors were hung that cover electric switches when entering a room and some crazy sheetrocking.

I'll stick to changing electrical feature and painting. I'll hang wallboard, but will not even attempt to do the mudding.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:00 PM

419 posts, read 1,332,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCwife04 View Post
how bad is the foundation problems for everyone that you know of. we just had the building inspection done and well it does not sound good "heaving" was mentioned a bunch. In one of the posts someone talked about foundations "blowing". How common is this problem?
Foundation problem other than normal cracking and settlement... run. In St. Louis, it makes a property almost unsellable. You may get a good deal initially, but resale would be hell. Not worth it.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,861 times
we are looking to buy 10 park circle. should i be concerned about the pond right next to the house as far as flooding being there are no storm drains?

Old 08-17-2012, 06:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,189 times
Default Info on Ofallon Hills

Can anyone give me some insider information on #4 North Kern in Ofallon Hills subdivision. I have looked at google maps and I like what I am seeing but I am worried about drainage and basement problems. We are looking for Wentzville schools without the cookie cutter subdivision. So far this seems to fit our needs. We also have 2 kids, a dog, a pop up and a boat. Overall I want a safe neighborhood that isn't super stuffy but is still well maintained. Thanks!

Old 09-02-2012, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,144 times
Default O'fallon Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamper View Post
I live in Ofallon hills subdivision.....I can tell you it is unincorporated st. charles county which means lower taxes....wentzville school district....the nieghborhood is an older one where the elderly are moving out and the younger generation has moved in and are working hard to clean up the place....right now we do not have great water pressure but that is something we are working on....drainage is also an issue most corner lots on the main drag flood during heavy down poors....our other issue is the quarry across the highway has caused many foundations to blow...I have a tri-level so it is not a problem for me...they blast M-F at noon and you will feel it a smidge...freaked me out the first time till i realized what it was...there are alot of shade tree mechanics, construction workers and blue collars.....lots of children....lots of people have boats, campers, trailers etc...this is not a problem in our nieghborhood to keep on your property as long as it is on gravel....most people just put stuff in thier back yard so the nieghborhood looks real clean...It is very obvious when the county has come through....everyone crams thier trailers, campers, boats in the driveway for a couple days until the county does reinspection and then its back to the back yard again......personally our nieghborhood looks real good until the county comes through and the driveways are cramped with toys....the nieghborhood is NOT ethnically diverse....don't be surprised if you see someone come home with a bobcat or other heavy machinery....and we love our bon-fires...I personally love my nieghborhood.... I am 27 years old with no children to give you an idea

I used to live in O'Fallon Hills, when I was in 3rd grade back in 1965. We lived at the end of a circle drive, and there was a pond next to our house. The house was a split- level and there was only one other house on the road. I just wonder if there's anyone I knew still living in the neighbor? I would love to see of pictures of the houses there. If anyone can show me some I'd be really grateful. My brother Gary was accidentally shot in the woods there. This area was a dream come true for my brother and me. We had moved from Berkley and Gary brought his pet pigeon Speck to fly free in the woods. Speck loved it there too. One day he disappeared, and he came back with another pigeon to say goodbye to us. He flew away with his mate and never came back.We moved away to the city of O'Fallon afterwords. If anyone has any infor on pictures or where to look, I'd really appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis