Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 09:33 AM

11 posts, read 59,938 times

Advertisements

Hi, Newbie here. Looking to relocate to the Florissant area. We're familiar with the St. Charles, O'Fallon, Wentzville area but know nothing about Florissant. Any insight to that area? How are the schools (I'm a teacher)? Location (hubby is a police officer)? How about neighborhoods? We're looking for about 3 acres, and hubby has to have a workshop. Any flooding in that area?

Hubby is from the Wellsville, MO area, but I have no desire to live in such a small town.

Thanks for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 05:20 PM

84 posts, read 339,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTeach View Post
Hi, Newbie here. Looking to relocate to the Florissant area. We're familiar with the St. Charles, O'Fallon, Wentzville area but know nothing about Florissant. Any insight to that area? How are the schools (I'm a teacher)? Location (hubby is a police officer)? How about neighborhoods? We're looking for about 3 acres, and hubby has to have a workshop. Any flooding in that area?

Hubby is from the Wellsville, MO area, but I have no desire to live in such a small town.

Thanks for any info!
Florissant has a very neat historic old town area with beautiful houses and shops, bars, restaraunts, etc. Florissant Old Town
Historic Sites
Historic Florissant, Missouri - nonprofit organization to preserve the history of Florissant, MO

The Florissant police department is internationally accredidated and considered one of the top departments in the metro area, as the city consistently has low crime rates for a population of its size. Florissant Police Department

the schools are ok, Ferguson-Florissant I hear is good to work for, i would stay with the florissant schools though of the district (Parker, Combs, Cross Keys, Duchesne, RObinwood, McCluer North, etc.) and not the southern part of the district. Ferguson-Florissant School District (http://fergflor.schoolwires.com/fergflor/site/default.asp - broken link)

Flooding is not a problem since Florissant is built very high up from the Missouri River, there is a beautiful park in Florissant (Sunset Park) with great views that they are currently building a nature lodge on, walking trails, restaraunt, etc. Home

As for acreage if your looking for 3+acres, you would most likely have to look just a shade outside the official city limits in "unincorporated florissant" which is the 63034 zip code.

here are some examples:
Property details

Property details

Property details

hope this helps, any more questions just ask.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:04 PM

Thanks for the great info!

Old 06-30-2008, 09:15 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,618,797 times
Walnut really covered it all! make sure you hit him/her up with some rep points!

Old 07-01-2008, 05:11 PM

73 posts, read 274,077 times
Default florissant is great!

My partner and I just bought a house in Florissant, just moved in this past weekend actually. And all the neighbors introduced themselves, and were very welcoming, and seemed very nice. We LOVE our neighborhood, well kept, quiet, young couples, and we're just literally 30 seconds from lindbergh and have access to many shops, resturaunts...etc...

not any flooding in the area, just certain spots, but nothing major, just as other suburbs have stl have their certain areas that flood this time of year.

welcome and good luck in your search.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytjo95 View Post
My partner and I just bought a house in Florissant, just moved in this past weekend actually. And all the neighbors introduced themselves, and were very welcoming, and seemed very nice. We LOVE our neighborhood, well kept, quiet, young couples, and we're just literally 30 seconds from lindbergh and have access to many shops, resturaunts...etc...

not any flooding in the area, just certain spots, but nothing major, just as other suburbs have stl have their certain areas that flood this time of year.

welcome and good luck in your search.
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis